- On June 25th, 2019, the Healthy China Promotion Committee was established at the national level and detailed the Healthy China Action Plan (2019-2030), clarifying the tasks and goals raised in the Guidelines for Healthy China Action.
- The draft of the first standard regulating food contact adhesives in China is currently subject to public consultation after 5 years in development. The list of base polymers of adhesives is expected to be separated from GB 9685 (food contact material regulation).
- The application of gene editing technology in the food sector is entering a new era. The first gene-edited food, the soybean oil by Calyxt was launched and hit the market in the US on March 1st, 2019. If everything goes smoothly, Japanese consumers can also have access to gene-edited food this
- The advertising law affects advertising of foods across numerous categories including health food advertisement and this article will interpret this regulation from the following 5 aspects
- Opening up 2.0: China introduces new trade facilitation policies including tariff reductions, tax incentives, preferential treatment of goods traded through CBEC and optimized customs clearance measures.
- China's Two Sessions are the biggest political meetings of the year—the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and the National People's Congress (NPC).
- Are there any signs of what is likely to happen over the next several months and in the coming years? Here are our 4 predictions:
- In Oct 2017, China CFDA unveiled the 'Specification for Special Food Evaluation Technical Institution' , which begins a new supervision mechanism for testing agencies.
- News about the demise of daigou have been greatly exaggerated. Many daigou are atill alive despite risks.
- Importantly the E-commerce law specifies the legal liabilities for each stakeholder. However a significant distinction should be noted in the emphasis placed on the punitive measures for individual operators and the punishments for ecommerce platforms