- The application of gene editing technology in the food sector is entering a new era. The first gene-edited food, the soybean oil by Calyxt was launched and hit the market in the US on March 1st, 2019. If everything goes smoothly, Japanese consumers can also have access to gene-edited food this
- Many people might be considering a future food labeling plan (including how to deal with the new Country of Origin for ingredients labeling system), so I would like to feature it in this article.
- Almost 4 years have passed since the implementation of the Food Labeling Standards in April 2015, and we can see more and more products with labeling following the Food Labeling Standards on the shelves. The transition period during which the labeling of processed food and additives according to
- In furtherance of its goal to develop a formal "Positive List" (PL) system for food-contact material, the Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has released for public comment its proposed evaluation procedures for food-contact substances (FCS) that are not included on Japan's current Positive
- 2017 saw the implementation and development of numerous new regulatory changes affecting Japan’s food industry, including health food, dairy products, food additives, and edible oil.
- Japan has implemented a new system of Foods with Function Claims (FFC) from Apr. 1, 2015, which was introduced to ensure products are clearly labeled with certain nutritional or health functions and to enable consumers to make more informed choices.