- China is the largest market for online trade around the world. Benefiting from Chinese government’s policies, online trade value is increasing dramatically year by year and may reach 10 trillion USD by the end of 2016. Previously, foods exported to China had to go through a long-winded and complete
- 40 important administrative measures and regulations and their supplementary rules covering the food safety issues were issued during 2015 and 2016, which now form the framework of the new Chinese food safety legislation system.
- Adult milk powder is categorized as a kind of formulated milk power in China. At present, there is no special law or regulation for adult milk powder. Therefore, the formula design, manufacture, packaging and circulation of adult milk powder should be conducted according to related requirements for
- On 7 Apr 2015, AQSIQ published the white paper “National Quality and Safety of Imported Food 2014”, in which the safety progress for imported foods made during 2014 was outlined.
- Infant formula is one kind of food products in China that receive the most stringent supervision by the Chinese government as a result of a serious of baby milk powder scandals happened during the last several years, especially 2008 melamine scandal.
- China’s “Administrative Provisions on Filing of Importers and Exporters of Imported Foods” (AQSIQ Announcement No.55-2012) took effect from 1 Oct 2012 mainly for the purpose of acquiring the information on importers and exporters, sources and flows of imported foods and guaranteeing the