- On Nov. 16, 2016, China CFDA released the finalized version of two supplementary documents for infant formula recipe registration. Compared to the draft versions, the trial versions have deleted some impractical elements and simplified the compilation of registration dossiers.
- 40 important administrative measures and regulations and their supplementary rules covering the food safety issues were issued during 2015 and 2016, which now form the framework of the new Chinese food safety legislation system.
- Codex standards are a series of food standards and guidelines complied by WHO and the Codex Alimentarius Commission of the Food Agriculture Organization, which are acknowledged and adopted by some western countries and also serve as important references
- Infant formula is one kind of food products in China that receive the most stringent supervision by the Chinese government as a result of a serious of baby milk powder scandals happened during the last several years, especially 2008 melamine scandal.
- The obligation of registration of overseas infant formula manufacturers according to the Administrative Measures on Inspection, Quarantine and Supervision of Import and Export Dairy Products (AQSIQ Order No.152-2013) caused quite a stir among global dairy makers who are interested in export this
- The infant formula exported to China should be made by manufacturers which are approved by China CNCA. Updated till 10 Jul 2014, a total of 53 foreign infant formula manufacturers have got CNCA’s approval.