- The fast development of cross border ecommerce in China offers new opportunities for overseas functional foods and supplements enterprises, and many overseas brands are already entering Chinese markets through the CBEC channel.
- 40 important administrative measures and regulations and their supplementary rules covering the food safety issues were issued during 2015 and 2016, which now form the framework of the new Chinese food safety legislation system.
- Health food and foods for special medical purpose (FSMP) are both regulated as special food in China in accordance with the new Food Safety Law. As two important food categories of special food, their major differences are compared in the aspects of targeted consumption groups, raw materials,
- As early as 2014, the growth in cross-border e-commerce (CBEC) in China attracted great attention from all sectors of the society as well as a lot of overseas enterprises who are targeting the Chinese market with the support of favorable policies made by the Chinese government.
- Japan has implemented a new system of Foods with Function Claims (FFC) from Apr. 1, 2015, which was introduced to ensure products are clearly labeled with certain nutritional or health functions and to enable consumers to make more informed choices.
- Prior to exporting health food products to China, overseas manufacturers need to get pre-market approval of their products from CFDA. Under the current regulatory framework, a dual health food administrative system with separate requirements for health food registration and health food filing has
- Management and regulation of health foods in Hong Kong is primarily controlled with reference to a number of ingredient inventories. Ingredients are divided into different inventories based on their functional properties and the marketing claims made on final products. The regulatory obligations
- The Chinese health food industry is currently in a period of transition. The government has instituted a series of radical reforms and legislative changes that will affect the health food industry significantly.