- This article includes a recap of recent regulatory changes on FSMP registration in China and some insights on their influence on the development of this market.
- Comparison between 2016 and 2017 version revision of 2 supporting documents for FSMP registration, which are “Requirements for Application Materials for Registration of Foods for Special Medical Purpose (For Trial) (2017 revision)” and “Stability Study Requirements for Foods for Special Medical
- 40 important administrative measures and regulations and their supplementary rules covering the food safety issues were issued during 2015 and 2016, which now form the framework of the new Chinese food safety legislation system.
- The new Food Safety Law reclassified FSMP as kind of special food, combining with China’s large senescent demographic and the inherent cultural appreciation for the role of nutrition in health provides fertile ground for future growth in this industry. China is the first country that officially
- Health food and foods for special medical purpose (FSMP) are both regulated as special food in China in accordance with the new Food Safety Law. As two important food categories of special food, their major differences are compared in the aspects of targeted consumption groups, raw materials,
- CFDA released the supplementary requirements for FSMP registration in China recently (see CL report on Apr. 19, 2016) to support of implementation of “Administrative Measures for Registration of Foods for Special Medical Purpose”. The supplementary requirements include the detailed explanation of
- In China, foods for special medical purpose (FSMP) are regulated as foods for special dietary uses. Before 2013 there was no national standard for FSMPs in China. In the past this kind of food could only be imported to China by being registered as a drug or health food. Under the new Food Safety
- GB 13432-2013 is applicable to the labelling (including nutritional labelling) of pre-packaged foods for special dietary uses, which covers baby formula, complementary foods for babies, foods for special medical uses and other special dietary foods.