- In furtherance of its goal to develop a formal "Positive List" (PL) system for food-contact material, the Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has released for public comment its proposed evaluation procedures for food-contact substances (FCS) that are not included on Japan's current Positive
- Complicated production environment, raw material residue or impurities, lack of toxicological information etc. make the detection and assessment of all non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) in food contact materials unrealistic. How to tackle the problem?
- In the first quarter of 2018, National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China released one announcement in which it approved the application of 6 new substances in food contact material. What are the messages behind the announcement?
- In 2017, 9 applications for new FCM new substances were accepted by the NHFPC, 26 new FCM varieties were opened for public feedback, and 20 new substances used in food contact materials granted approval. This article summarizes new substance registration of 2017, and probes into approval, product
- Taiwan Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) is responsible for the management of food contact materials. Primary regulation is based on the Act Governing Food Safety and Sanitation and Sanitation Standard for Food Utensils, Containers and Packages. Currently, there are more than 8,700 manufacturers
- China will develop a new food contact regulation system that will focus on risk control of raw materials, processing, storage, transportation and final products. The new food contact material regulatory framework is built on the legal basis of the “Food Safety Law” and 4 categories of national