- Nutrient fortification claims and corresponding health claims (nutrient function claims) can also be used on general foods and does not require registration or filing. These rules are laid down in Chinese national standard GB 28050.
- On July 5, 2019, at the Cabinet Office Consumer Commission Food Labeling Section Meeting, the Consumer Affairs Agency (CAA) announced that "Almond has been added to the list of foods recommended to use allergen labeling" and "Walnut has been designated as a food subject to mandatory labeling".
- To help pet food companies navigate the transition into upcoming labeling requirements, this two-installment article will introduce essentials of pet food labeling and offer practical advice on how to correctly use product claims while displaying their market competitiveness.
- On June 25th, 2019, the Healthy China Promotion Committee was established at the national level and detailed the Healthy China Action Plan (2019-2030), clarifying the tasks and goals raised in the Guidelines for Healthy China Action.
- Many people might be considering a future food labeling plan (including how to deal with the new Country of Origin for ingredients labeling system), so I would like to feature it in this article.
- Almost 4 years have passed since the implementation of the Food Labeling Standards in April 2015, and we can see more and more products with labeling following the Food Labeling Standards on the shelves. The transition period during which the labeling of processed food and additives according to
- Nutritional labeling is a fundamental section of the label of a food product. It shows the nutritional characteristics and related nutritional information of foods. This article is to offer a comparative analysis of nutrition label requirements in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- The new technical requirements will force manufacturers to make great changes to infant formula label and packaging design. Manufacturers will need to design clean and simple labels and there will be little room to differentiate products based on label alone.
- On Nov. 16, 2016, China CFDA released the finalized version of two supplementary documents for infant formula recipe registration. Compared to the draft versions, the trial versions have deleted some impractical elements and simplified the compilation of registration dossiers.
- The National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Republic of China released National Food Safety Standard GB 7101-2015 Beverages on 13th November 2015 which will come into effect on 13th November 2016.