- The draft of the first standard regulating food contact adhesives in China is currently subject to public consultation after 5 years in development. The list of base polymers of adhesives is expected to be separated from GB 9685 (food contact material regulation).
- The application of gene editing technology in the food sector is entering a new era. The first gene-edited food, the soybean oil by Calyxt was launched and hit the market in the US on March 1st, 2019. If everything goes smoothly, Japanese consumers can also have access to gene-edited food this
- In furtherance of its goal to develop a formal "Positive List" (PL) system for food-contact material, the Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has released for public comment its proposed evaluation procedures for food-contact substances (FCS) that are not included on Japan's current Positive
- Are there any signs of what is likely to happen over the next several months and in the coming years? Here are our 4 predictions:
- China’s new retail systems and prioritization of domestic consumption combined with fascination with healthy living are providing fertile ground for growth in the fruit and vegetable juice niche of its beverage sector.
- In this article, we will look at the internal process China uses to formulate its food trade policy and the associated WTO notification process.
- Outline of Phase 2 (2013-2023) of China Reform plan of Dairy Sector and Infant Formula.
- Detailed analysis of 2013-beginning of 2018 China dairy sector regulatory reform.
- "Two sessions" is the literal translation of the hugely important annual plenary sessions of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC). During the meetings, NPC deputies from all walks of life assemble to make suggestions on the country'
- 2017 saw the implementation and development of numerous new regulatory changes affecting Japan’s food industry, including health food, dairy products, food additives, and edible oil.