- On 7 Apr 2015, AQSIQ published the white paper “National Quality and Safety of Imported Food 2014”, in which the safety progress for imported foods made during 2014 was outlined.
- China has a huge demand for imported meat products mainly due to its growing population, urban expansion as well as the numerous food safety scandals that have occurred during the past several years. Importation of meat products in China has seen consistent year on year growth, and represents an
- The second draft of China’s food safety law was published by the State Council on 22 December, 2014, seeking public comments. Food regulatory experts from REACH24H offered a webinar titled “Requirements and Impacts on Imported Food in the Second Draft” on 15 January, 2014 and prepared this report
- China has great demand for imported meat and meat products, especially for beef and lamb. In Sep 2014, the Chinese authority formulated new policies and measures to stimulate the importation of meat products and meet the growing domestic demand.
- The Chinese health food industry is currently in a period of transition. The government has instituted a series of radical reforms and legislative changes that will affect the health food industry significantly.
- Infant formula is one kind of food products in China that receive the most stringent supervision by the Chinese government as a result of a serious of baby milk powder scandals happened during the last several years, especially 2008 melamine scandal.
- The obligation of registration of overseas infant formula manufacturers according to the Administrative Measures on Inspection, Quarantine and Supervision of Import and Export Dairy Products (AQSIQ Order No.152-2013) caused quite a stir among global dairy makers who are interested in export this
- The establishment of Administrative Provisions on Nutrient Supplement (hereinafter Provisions) and Requirements of Application Dossiers (Hereinafter Requirements) can be regarded as the basis of notification scheme to be launched for nutrient supplements in future. The most important rules set out
- The significance of designing a China compliant label for food products is an easily neglected element of a China market access strategy. The importance of this factor cannot be understated considered in the light of the high volume of imported foods that are rejected or detained at ports every
- Data from China Customs suggests that growth in China’s wine trade has suffered significantly this year. In the first half of 2014, the volumes and price of imported wines dropped by 6.2% and 6.5% respectively compared to those of 2013. This year’s poor performance is sharply contrasted with the