- As revealed by a GAC announcement issued on Apr. 23, 2018, label filing for prepackaged imported food will no longer be required starting on Oct.1, 2019.
- False advertising and illegal retail/distribution of a vast array of products is commonplace across China’s social media platforms like Wechat, Weibo etc. Increased emphasis placed on regulating these platforms
- Administrative Measures for Product Quality Spot Inspections are under revision and China is to increase the liability on business entities and will offer regional authorities more autonomy and
- On April 9th, 2019, China CFSA consulted on the use of four new food additives. They are glucuronolactone, disodium EDTA, caramel color class I-plain and ε-poly-L-lysine٠HCl.
- Feed are stratified into 4 tiers based on the feed ingredients used, with each tier having specific compliance requirements.
- On Apr. 4, 2019, China SAMR opened “Health Food Toxicology Evaluation Procedure Standards” and “Health Food Strain Pathogenicity Evaluation Procedure Standard” for public feedback.
- On April 2, 2019, CFSA released notices and consulted on the use of 7 new food additives.
- On April 1st, 2019, SAMR updated the registration information of 24 infant formula products.