- As revealed by SAMR notification on June 14th, the Food Safety Commission of the State Council released the major food safety tasks 2019, fulfilling the requirements raised in Opinions of the
Second Draft of Advertising Measures of Health Food, FSMP, Medicines and Medical Devices under ConsultationAfter adjustments to application scope, requirements for FSMP and validity term etc., the draft of advertising measures of health food, FSMP etc. is open to public feedback again.
- China will intensify its attempts to curb the sale of ordinary foods marketed and sold as special foods (infant formula, health
- China is proposing to expand the list of auxiliary materials used in health foods that are subject to filing.
- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
- During 2009-2018, imports of food in China grew at a CAGR of 17.7%. In 2018 the value of china’s food imports exceeded US$70 billion.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
China Announces Approval of 3 New Food Raw Materials, 15 New Food Related Products and 6 New Food AdditivesAs revealed by NHC announcement issued on May 29, 2019, 24 new ingredient have successfully undergone China’s safety evaluation and were granted approval