- On February 14th, 2019, Gao Feng, a MOFCOM spokesman said, "MOFCOM has suspended the filing and administrative approval of direct selling companies in China".
- Up to now, 24 FSMPs have been registered and all 6 types of pediatric FSMP categories now have a representative registered product eligible for market circulation and consumption.
- China Center for Food Safety Assessment (CFSA) opened the proposed expansions in the usage scope and limitations of acesulfame potassium and calcium propionate to public feedback.
- On Feb. 2nd, 2019, China SAMR released the Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method for public feedback.
- Imported food products that are subject to laboratory testing at Chinese ports are now allowed to enter China right after sampling and before testing results are released.
- According to an SAMR announcement released on Feb. 1, in 2019 China SAMR plans to carry out a national sampling inspection on 34 food types.
- The revision to Administrative Measures on Registration of Infant and Young Children Milk Powder Formula Recipes is listed in 2019 legislation program issued by SAMR
- On Jan. 28, 2019, China CFSA consulted on the new application scopes of sodium stearoyl lactylate, iron oxide red, and caramel colour (ammonia sulphite process).