- On April 30, 2019, NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) issued a notice detailing 21 newly registered infant formula products.
- 23 Russian dairy producers were recently granted access to China's market, according to news released by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation on Apr 26th.
- Radom inspection by SAMR showed 4.4% of food contact products were found not compliant. During GAC sampling in 2018, imported food contact materials demonstrated the lowest failure rate in recorded
- On Apr. 24, 2019, Bellamy announced that a new Bellamy’s branded infant formula product line was to be produced at the ViPlus Dairy (ViPlus) facility.
- Alibaba has begun clamping down on illegal ingredients in foods sold online by rolling out a negative list and sampling measures. It will also dynamically expand the negative list.
- As revealed by a GAC announcement issued on Apr. 23, 2018, label filing for prepackaged imported food will no longer be required starting on Oct.1, 2019.
- False advertising and illegal retail/distribution of a vast array of products is commonplace across China’s social media platforms like Wechat, Weibo etc. Increased emphasis placed on regulating these platforms
- Administrative Measures for Product Quality Spot Inspections are under revision and China is to increase the liability on business entities and will offer regional authorities more autonomy and