- On August 7th, China National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) issued heavy fines totaling 668.73 million RMB to 6 companies, namely Biostime
- Prominent Beijing Lawyer Huang Leping has publicly expressed his concerns on the safety of GM crops. The lawyer issued public statements criticizing the
- On 2 Aug, CFDA announced the list of 128 infant formula manufacturers with food production licenses in China. Famous dairy companies, such as Inner
- On 31 July, China Standardization Technical Committee of Papermaking Industry announced five draft standards for paper (subject to public consultation), two of which are
Food Industry Regulatory Reform: Health Food Stability Testing and Intervention Study SOPs Set for ChangeAnother recent development in the ongoing food industry regulatory reform is the announcement to update the current standards for conducting
- As per schedule the Chinese government has released the initial batch of standards for public consultation.
GB 2758-2012 Fermented Alcohol Products and Liquor Standard to be Fully Implemented on August 1 2013The Fermented Alcoholic Beverages and their Integrated Alcoholic Beverages (GB2758-2012) will replace the previous standard GB2758-2005 and
- On 12 of July 2013, the National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), previously the Ministry of Health, issued the Measures on the Safety