- Alteration and/or extension of the registration certificates of health food, infant formula and food for special medical purposes could be influenced if the proposed changes enter into effect.
- According to the latest data published by GAC on May 24, a total of 92 batches of foods from 23 countries/regions failed import inspection in April.
SAMR Specifies Timeframe to Alter Infant Formula Ingredients and Labeling After Application ApprovalOn May 29th, 2019, SAMR released Letter No.167 detailing the timeframe and deadline for successful applicants for the alternation of infant formula ingredient and labels to complete alterations.
- China is to improve raw milk quality by setting more stringent pesticide maximum residue limits
- 26 national food safety standards are now subject to public consultation including nutrient fortification substances, cheese and determination method of harmful substances in food contact product.
- Standards for special food labeling, sports nutrition, popular food additives ARA, DHA, GOS and some test methods are proposed to be revised
- China opened the public consultation period on the proposed approval of 7 food related products. The public consultation period will end June 14.
- China is imposing higher duty rate on US goods including baby foods and food for special medical purposes etc.; Stakeholders in China may submit an application to get