- On May 20th, 2019, China’s State Council detailed its work program on how to further strengthen supervision of the food industry.
- On May 21st, 2019, CFSA opened 4 new food raw materials and 5 new food additives to public feedback.
- Product standards will no longer contain hygiene requirements and many standards will change from mandatory standards (GB) to recommended standards (GB/T).
- China SAMR released the "Administrative Measures for Green Products Symbol Usage", detailing symbol pattern, usage requirements and supervision.
- Advertising of health foods and food for special medical purposes will be restricted to labels and product manuals. According to
- On April 30, 2019, NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) issued a notice detailing 21 newly registered infant formula products.
- 23 Russian dairy producers were recently granted access to China's market, according to news released by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation on Apr 26th.
- Radom inspection by SAMR showed 4.4% of food contact products were found not compliant. During GAC sampling in 2018, imported food contact materials demonstrated the lowest failure rate in recorded