- SAMR proposed an adjustment to the permitted terminology used in 18 of the current 27 acceptable functional claims, cancellation of 3 out of the 27 functional claims, and further
- The majority of additives and resins included in these amendments are applied in food-contact paints and coating
- A batch of Starbucks beverages were rejected due to illegal use of caffeine. A simple adjustment to flavoring essence could be helpful.
- Food enterprises will be subject to more stringent supervision. The food safety standard system is further optimized.
- In the draft, all bacterial cultures permitted in food can be used in health food; probiotic health food excludes products which main ingredients are inactive probiotics or
China SAMR Consults on Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Devices Advertising Administrative MeasuresThis administrative measure will be the major regulatory reference for health food and FSMP advertising in future.
- Delays in the release of detailed rules for FSMP production license stymie domestic interests while overseas enterprises dominate the market by exploiting
- Tmall halted expansion in retail of unregistered/unfiled healthcare products whose main ingredients are L-carnitine, papaya and maca.