- On Mar. 7, 2019, China SAMR announced the domestic sampling inspection result of 2936 batches of food products. 2 batches of infant formula food failed the inspection.
- CBEC comprehensive tax rate will be lowered to 9.1% for special foods.
- After the release of the China Food Safety Sampling Plan 2019, enterprises are awaiting the corresponding implementation rules for this year.
- Prepackaged imported food labels will no longer require filing which will have a positive impact on customs clearance times.
- 95 batches of food products imported from 23 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include beverages, cereal-based food, and aquatic products.
- On February 14th, 2019, Gao Feng, a MOFCOM spokesman said, "MOFCOM has suspended the filing and administrative approval of direct selling companies in China".
- Up to now, 24 FSMPs have been registered and all 6 types of pediatric FSMP categories now have a representative registered product eligible for market circulation and consumption.
- China Center for Food Safety Assessment (CFSA) opened the proposed expansions in the usage scope and limitations of acesulfame potassium and calcium propionate to public feedback.