- According to an SAMR announcement issued on Dec. 28, in 2018 China SAMR conducted national sampling inspection on 24 types of food related products, involving food-contact plastic, food-
- 9 IF manufacturers had the manufacturer accreditation of specific manufacturing facilities rescinded by China GAC including Gerber, Arla, and Lactalis.
- On Dec 22, Department of Customs of the Chinese Ministry of Finance published the adjustment scheme on 2019 import/export tariffs. Adjustments will be conducted in two stages involving
- GAC released lists of manufacturers, exporters and importers of food and cosmetics which have poor customs clearance track records. To remove their high-risk status an enterprise must not be involved
- On Dec. 28th, 2018, GAC released details on the latest updates for registration of dairy product manufacturers approved to export to China.
- The major food raw materials like rice are subject to heavy metal testing of each batch, and the final products shall undergo internal
- On Dec. 24, 2018, GAC released information of non-compliant imported food of November. 75 batches of food products are involved, and major categories are pastry food (e.g. biscuit), infant
China Opens GB 28050 “General Rules for Nutritional Labeling of Pre-Packaged Food” to Public FeedbackAs revealed by an announcement issued on Dec. 19, 2018, China National Food Safety Standard Review Committee opened the updated GB 28050 “General Rules for Nutrition Labeling of Pre-