- On Dec. 12, 2018, China NHC announced the approval of 8 new food related products, including 5 new varieties of FCM additives, 2 novel resins, and 1 resin with expanded application scope.
- GAC released Notice No. 194, regulating specific implementation methods on CBEC supervision in accordance with the four files.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
- On Dec. 4th, 2018, SAMR released a notice of health food registration alteration.
- CFSA opened public consultation on the potential expansion of the application scope of sodium acetate, phosphoric acid, potassium dihydrogen phosphate in EVOH; One new FCM additive and
- Overseas infant formula manufacturer registration renewal materials must be submitted before the Dec.15, 2018 deadline.
- China improved the provincial approval on existing drinking water related products by introducing a new streamlined timeframe, reducing documentation requirements and introducing reducing
- As of Nov. 30, 2018, four official files about the new CBEC policy have been released by MOFCOM and MOF after the State Council meeting last week.