- China is proposing to expand the list of auxiliary materials used in health foods that are subject to filing.
- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
- During 2009-2018, imports of food in China grew at a CAGR of 17.7%. In 2018 the value of china’s food imports exceeded US$70 billion.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
China Announces Approval of 3 New Food Raw Materials, 15 New Food Related Products and 6 New Food AdditivesAs revealed by NHC announcement issued on May 29, 2019, 24 new ingredient have successfully undergone China’s safety evaluation and were granted approval
- As revealed by SAMR Notice No.26, the generic names of FSMP products are adjusted as below, which came into effect on May 30th, 2019.
- Alteration and/or extension of the registration certificates of health food, infant formula and food for special medical purposes could be influenced if the proposed changes enter into effect.
- According to the latest data published by GAC on May 24, a total of 92 batches of foods from 23 countries/regions failed import inspection in April.