SAMR Specifies Timeframe to Alter Infant Formula Ingredients and Labeling After Application ApprovalOn May 29th, 2019, SAMR released Letter No.167 detailing the timeframe and deadline for successful applicants for the alternation of infant formula ingredient and labels to complete alterations.
- China is to improve raw milk quality by setting more stringent pesticide maximum residue limits
- 26 national food safety standards are now subject to public consultation including nutrient fortification substances, cheese and determination method of harmful substances in food contact product.
- Standards for special food labeling, sports nutrition, popular food additives ARA, DHA, GOS and some test methods are proposed to be revised
- China opened the public consultation period on the proposed approval of 7 food related products. The public consultation period will end June 14.
- China is imposing higher duty rate on US goods including baby foods and food for special medical purposes etc.; Stakeholders in China may submit an application to get
- On May 20th, 2019, China’s State Council detailed its work program on how to further strengthen supervision of the food industry.
- On May 21st, 2019, CFSA opened 4 new food raw materials and 5 new food additives to public feedback.