- Last Friday, September 13th, was Chinese Mid-Autumn festival (lunar Aug. 15th). As we all know, moon cakes are the traditional food that Chinese people always eat during this day.
- New-to-the-scene foods chock full of innovation have garnered widespread attention during Taobao Maker Festival 2019.
- On September 16th, 2019, both Mengniu and Bellamy’s released notices to disclose Mengniu’s planned acquisition of Bellamy’s.
- 89 batches of foods imported from 28 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include cereal-based snacks, fruits, vegetables & their products, and beverages.
- On Sept. 2nd, 2019, China's National Health Commission (NHC) released the 2nd batch of national standards revision and formulation list.
- China has extended a 6-months grace period to allow industry to prepare for compliance with new pet feed labeling regulations. The competent authority will carry out supervision based on
- In Aug., 2019, State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) approved 3 foods for special medical purpose (FSMP), bringing the total number of registered FSMPs to 35.
- Generally speaking in China’s new MRL standard the acceptable concentration of pesticides and MRL items exceed limitation standards stipulated by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.