- On December 25, 2017, CFDA released 3 support documents about special foods registration approval effective from December 1, 2017.
- In December, China NHFPC and AQSIQ both announced important decisions on the regulation of imported flaxseed.
- On 22nd of December 2017, Ministry of Agriculture of China announced the revision of 4 different GMO regulations concerning safety assessment, labeling, imports and administration of this kind of
- On December 22, 2017, China CFDA released the 31st batch of registered infant formula in China, including 40 products (7 are imported) from 10 enterprises.
- On December 21, 2017, China CFDA released the 30th batch of registered infant formula in China, including 36 products (18 are imported) from 13 enterprises.
China's New Administrative Measures for Inspection and Supervision on Labeling of Import and Export Prepackaged FoodOn December 12, 2017, China AQSIQ announced adjustment of Provisions on Inspection, Supervision and Administration on Labeling of Import and Export Prepackaged Food (2012).
- On the 13th of December, CNCA released the fifth Update of the Directory of Certified Organic Products, deleting and adding food products eligible for organic certification.
- On December 14, 2017, CFDA released the 29th batch of registered infant formula in China, including 36 products (7 are imported) from 9 enterprises.