- On 22ndMay, India FSSAI decided to expand the list of rectifiable labelling information for imported food.
- On March 22nd, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India announced the update of infant milk substitute and bakery products GMP provisions.
- On March 7, 2018, India FSSAI drafted new standards on Milk Protein Concentrates, Whey Protein Concentrates as well as Colostrum and its products.
- India has amended the requirement relating to shelf life of imported product at the time of port clearance and also stressed that potassium bromate is not allowed to be used as a food additive
- Edible vegetable oil fortified with Vitamin A or Vitamin D can use a fortification claim on the label.
- On 13th of December, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) notified the updated effective dates for 2 food safety regulations.
- On November 8, 2017, India released the Manual for Food Imports, detailing food import procedures, documentation requirements, clearance process, and products review.
- India’s FSSAI released a revision of Food Safety Standard Law updating oils and fats regulations.