- India FSSAI has stipulated that final food contact products manufactured from bamboo shall have smooth surfaces and be free from chemical contaminants.
- As revealed by FSSAI announcement issued on May 14, 2019, India is proposing the separation of infant nutrition food standards from the umbrella standard for all foods.
- As revealed by FSSAI's latest notice on Jan. 3rd, 2019, food enterprises need to comply with the new packaging regulation by July 1, 2019.
- FSSAI revised maximum residue limits of 213 pesticides in food such as 2,4- dichlorophenoxy acetic acid, acetamiprid, and alachlor.
- On Nov. 27, 2018, India amended the Food Safety and Standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives) Regulations.
- On August 31st, 2018, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) issued a notice related to import of specialty foods for IEM disorders.
- India has decided to extend the grace period for use of non-detachable stickers with FSSAI's organic logo to Dec. 31st, 2018.
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard