- Edible vegetable oil fortified with Vitamin A or Vitamin D can use a fortification claim on the label.
- On 13th of December, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) notified the updated effective dates for 2 food safety regulations.
- On November 8, 2017, India released the Manual for Food Imports, detailing food import procedures, documentation requirements, clearance process, and products review.
- India’s FSSAI released a revision of Food Safety Standard Law updating oils and fats regulations.
- On September 15, 2017, India FSSAI released the updated regulation related to non-specified food, detailing the requirements and procedure of prior approval.
- On August 22, India FSSAI announced that the fortification logo (+F logo) is now a mandatory labeling requirement on all fortified food labels.
- On August 2, 2017, India FSSAI released an announcement detailing the updated food safety standard of milk and milk products, which have been effective since the date of release.
- In July, India revised 2 of its national food safety standards (Food Product Standards and Food Additives).