- On August 31st, 2018, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) issued a notice related to import of specialty foods for IEM disorders.
- India has decided to extend the grace period for use of non-detachable stickers with FSSAI's organic logo to Dec. 31st, 2018.
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard
- At the end of July, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India published two directions to regulate nutritional fortification substances.
- India has banned the use of 14 food ingredients in functional food (health food) and other related food products with immediate effect.
- On 22ndMay, India FSSAI decided to expand the list of rectifiable labelling information for imported food.
- On March 22nd, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India announced the update of infant milk substitute and bakery products GMP provisions.
- On March 7, 2018, India FSSAI drafted new standards on Milk Protein Concentrates, Whey Protein Concentrates as well as Colostrum and its products.