- Japan MHLW announced its amendment of requirements regarding pesticide and veterinary drug residue in “Food and food additive quality specification”.
- On Aug 8, 2018, Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) published a revised Ministerial Ordinance on Ingredient Specifications for Milk and Dairy Products along with a revised
- MHLW announced changes to maximum limitations of several elements and production standards for beverages in notice No. 269 issued on July 13, 2018.
- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.
- On April 19, 2018, Japan issued a new standard on Liquid infant formula, containing product definition and provisions on manufacturing, composition, storage and other issues.
- MHLW launches its annual imported foods inspection orders on April 3rd, which lists high risk food items with a history of frequent compliance/safety violations.
- On November 30th, Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare announced extensive modification to Japan’s Specifications and Standards for Food Additives (MHLW Notice No. 370 of 1959).
Japan MHLW Revises Food and Additives Specification Standards and Detection Methods of Pesticides in foodOn 24th of November, Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare announced the revision of Food and additive specification standards and Detection methods of Pesticides in food.