Japan MHLW Revises Food and Additives Specification Standards and Detection Methods of Pesticides in foodOn 24th of November, Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare announced the revision of Food and additive specification standards and Detection methods of Pesticides in food.
- On October 20, 2017, Japan MAFF released announcements detailing the revision of JAS standard of several foods, including carbonated beverage, canned livestock products, and juice, etc.
- On the 12th of October, Japan MHLW revised maximum residue limits of six pesticides and the detection methods for pesticide residues.
- On September 19, 2017, Japan MHLW issued a notification detailing the treatment measures for food containing cyanide.
- On August 4, 2017, Japan appended the list of countries approved to export raw milk/milk products. Ukraine and Puerto Rico are newly added.
- On July 21, 2017, Japan Consumer Affairs Agency issued the supplementary document related to the use of an origin labeling system for ingredients. The document details food subject to mandatory
- On July 19, 2017, Japan MHLW released an announcement detailing the revision of 5 pesticides and veterinary drugs including famoxadone, which was followed by NO.3 announcement on July 18.
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare released the food provision 0710 number 14: “Guidebook for the safety of Food utensils and containers”. This guidebook aims at the