- On the 12th of October, Japan MHLW revised maximum residue limits of six pesticides and the detection methods for pesticide residues.
- On September 19, 2017, Japan MHLW issued a notification detailing the treatment measures for food containing cyanide.
- On August 4, 2017, Japan appended the list of countries approved to export raw milk/milk products. Ukraine and Puerto Rico are newly added.
- On July 21, 2017, Japan Consumer Affairs Agency issued the supplementary document related to the use of an origin labeling system for ingredients. The document details food subject to mandatory
- On July 19, 2017, Japan MHLW released an announcement detailing the revision of 5 pesticides and veterinary drugs including famoxadone, which was followed by NO.3 announcement on July 18.
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare released the food provision 0710 number 14: “Guidebook for the safety of Food utensils and containers”. This guidebook aims at the
- On July 18, 2017, Japan MHLW released an announcement detailing revisions to maximum residue limits of pesticides including imidacloprid, acetylchloride, quinclorac, and veterinary drugs
- On Jun. 23, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan (MHLW) announced the revision of standards for food additives including