- No 2018-291 announcement issued by MFDS on Jul. 6, 2018 outlines Korea’s proposition to amend the material items for functional ingredient certification.
- The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety released “Food and Other Labels and Advertisements Act” on March 13. The Act stipulates that from March 2019, the contents of food labels and advertisements will be subject to new
- On Jun. 29, 2018, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additive Code”
- On May 18, 2018, Koran MFDS released the draft amendment to "Special Law of Imported Food Safety Management", concerning factory onsite inspection.
- The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of South Korea has issued Notification No. 2018 – 32 Partial Amendment to the Labeling Standards for Food.
- On April 2018, KFDA announced the 2018 imported food management plan, which will strengthen the supervision of imported foods during customs clearance and circulation.
- On Apr. 4, 2018, Korea MFDS issued announcements No. 2018-139 and 140 detailing the proposed revision of its National Food Codex.
- On February 28th, Korea KFDA announced the revision of Health/Functional Foods Act and will re-evaluate 16 kinds of functional ingredients in health food.