- On May 16, 2019, MFDS submitted 13 new regulations schemes designed to reduce the regulatory burden on emerging industries.
- On April 30th, 2019, MFDS released 3 notices officially opening the public consultation period on draft regulations related to health functional food.
- On May 3rd, MFDS issued the No.35 and No. 36 Notice implementing new import sanitation requirements for beef exported from the Netherlands and Denmark, which came into force on the same day.
- On 17th April, 2019, South Korea amended and implemented Regulations on Hazard Assessment of Human Applied Products.
- South Korea formulated a new standard to specify prohibited food labeling and advertising content and includes specification on confusing labeling terminology or words which exaggerate efficacy
- The Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act was officially formulated and came into force on April 25th, 2019.
- On April 11th, 2019, MFDS released notice No. 2019-192 and No. 2019-195 to solicit public opinions on the revision of Food Labelling Standards and the labeling standard for health functional foods.
- As revealed by the No. 2019-137 Notice of MFDS, Korea is now soliciting opinions on the partially revised Food Additive Code.