- On the 30th of 2018, KFDA revised “Guide to Genetically Modified Food Safety Assessment”on safety inspections and other matters.
- On 16th of January Korea Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) released non-compliant imported food data for 2017 and jointly with MAFRA released the planned food policies for 2018.
- On the 6th of December, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of the Republic of Korea (MFDS) announced the revision of “Food Labeling Standard”, modifying food labeling rules on
- On August 7, 2017, Korea KFDA issued announcements No. 289 and 290 detailing the revision of food standards and regulation.
Korea Included Hibiscus Flowers and Other Ingredients into the Directory of Permitted Food Raw MaterialOn June 30, 2017, Korean MFDS released an announcement detailing revisions to Standard and Specification of Food. There are 4 major changes compared to the previous version.
Korea Releases Revised Draft of Implementation Rules for the Sanitary Management of Livestock ProductOn June 16, MFDS released parts of the revised draft of implementation rules for the sanitary management of livestock product, here are the major contents:
- On May 29, 2017, MFDS released the notice of official implementation of “allergen labeling system”. It became effective on May 30, and food enterprises with more than 100 chains selling
- On Mar. 9, 2017, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of Korea (MFDS) announced that the positive list system will be fully applied to pesticide residue control