- On April 2018, KFDA announced the 2018 imported food management plan, which will strengthen the supervision of imported foods during customs clearance and circulation.
- On Apr. 4, 2018, Korea MFDS issued announcements No. 2018-139 and 140 detailing the proposed revision of its National Food Codex.
- On February 28th, Korea KFDA announced the revision of Health/Functional Foods Act and will re-evaluate 16 kinds of functional ingredients in health food.
- On the 30th of January 2018, KFDA revised “Guide to Genetically Modified Food Safety Assessment”on safety inspections and other matters.
- On 16th of January Korea Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) released non-compliant imported food data for 2017 and jointly with MAFRA released the planned food policies for 2018.
- On the 6th of December, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of the Republic of Korea (MFDS) announced the revision of “Food Labeling Standard”, modifying food labeling rules on
- On August 7, 2017, Korea KFDA issued announcements No. 289 and 290 detailing the revision of food standards and regulation.
Korea Included Hibiscus Flowers and Other Ingredients into the Directory of Permitted Food Raw MaterialOn June 30, 2017, Korean MFDS released an announcement detailing revisions to Standard and Specification of Food. There are 4 major changes compared to the previous version.