- On August 7, 2017, Korea KFDA issued announcements No. 289 and 290 detailing the revision of food standards and regulation.
Korea Included Hibiscus Flowers and Other Ingredients into the Directory of Permitted Food Raw MaterialOn June 30, 2017, Korean MFDS released an announcement detailing revisions to Standard and Specification of Food. There are 4 major changes compared to the previous version.
Korea Releases Revised Draft of Implementation Rules for the Sanitary Management of Livestock ProductOn June 16, MFDS released parts of the revised draft of implementation rules for the sanitary management of livestock product, here are the major contents:
- On May 29, 2017, MFDS released the notice of official implementation of “allergen labeling system”. It became effective on May 30, and food enterprises with more than 100 chains selling
- On Mar. 9, 2017, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of Korea (MFDS) announced that the positive list system will be fully applied to pesticide residue control
- The Korean authority plans to implement 5 new policies to rebuild public trust related to food safety, food packages and labelling, manufacturing and processing.
- On Nov. 1, 2016, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of Korea (MFDS) preannounced the revision of “Regulations for Reassessment of Functional Ingredients”,
- MFDS released a notification to expand the permitted food ingredient list and amend pesticide and veterinary drugs residue limits.