- On Nov. 6th, MFDS released a guideline introducing a new consultation service to help enterprises expedite approval of functional foods.
- As revealed by MFDS Notice 2019-96, further rules about prohibited food labeling and advertising have been stipulated to support the promulgation of South Korean Food Labeling and
- The collection includes updated regulations, consultation drafts, guidelines, etc.
- As reported by a South Korea media on October 14th, Swine Fever has severely impacted South Korea’s agri-foods sector.
- As reported by Food News on Oct. 14th, Consumers Union of Korea (CUK) surveyed the recognition level and attitudes on GMO labeling among 299 twentysomething national assembly members in July.
- As revealed by MFDS Notice No. 2019-88, South Korea updated the revision of the Food Additive Code on Oct. 11th, 2019.
- As reported by Food News on Oct. 10, 2019, Lactobacillus acidophilus YT1 Probiotics obtained MFDS approval for use as a raw material in health functional foods.
- On Sept 26th, MFDS released Notice No. 2019-84 promulgating the new regulation “Imported Food Inspection Orders”.