- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
SAMR Specifies Timeframe to Alter Infant Formula Ingredients and Labeling After Application ApprovalOn May 29th, 2019, SAMR released Letter No.167 detailing the timeframe and deadline for successful applicants for the alternation of infant formula ingredient and labels to complete alterations.
- As revealed by FSSAI announcement issued on May 14, 2019, India is proposing the separation of infant nutrition food standards from the umbrella standard for all foods.
- On April 30, 2019, NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) issued a notice detailing 21 newly registered infant formula products.
- On Apr. 24, 2019, Bellamy announced that a new Bellamy’s branded infant formula product line was to be produced at the ViPlus Dairy (ViPlus) facility.
- On April 1st, 2019, SAMR updated the registration information of 24 infant formula products.
- On Mar. 7, 2019, China SAMR announced the domestic sampling inspection result of 2936 batches of food products. 2 batches of infant formula food failed the inspection.
- Once again advertisements relating to the unsubstantiated benefits of A2 infant formula have been the target of Chinese regulators.