- On Aug 8, 2018, Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) published a revised Ministerial Ordinance on Ingredient Specifications for Milk and Dairy Products along with a revised
- On Aug. 14th, 2018, China SAMR unveiled the latest infant formula registration list which includes 21 products from 3 domestic enterprises.
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard
- ISO 20635 and 20636 will be served as internationally agreed standard for testing vitamin C and vitamin D in infant formula.
- SAMR opened the draft version of “Technical Guidance on Alternations to Registered Infant Formula” to public consultation on July 24, 2018. Deadline for comments is Aug. 15,
OPO Inclusion into China’s Certified Organic Ingredient List to Precipitate Significant Upheaval in IF MarketThe 6th List of Additional Certified Organic Products was published by CNCA on June 19, 2018 and included OPO, also known as SN-2 palmitate.
- Lactoferrin prices in China have skyrocketed in the wake of implementation of China’s new national Lactoferrin standard last year, witnessing a several fold increase starting at 3,000RMB/
- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.