Shanghai Administration Details Temporary Permit for Imported Unregistered Infant Formula and Health FoodShanghai Administration for Market Regulation specified details on temporary permits available to stakeholders that wish to display unregistered infant formula and
- ChemLinked rounded up the latest market and regulatory news in the China food sector...
- On September 16th, 2019, both Mengniu and Bellamy’s released notices to disclose Mengniu’s planned acquisition of Bellamy’s.
- On August 30th, 2019, Singapore Food Agency released the Food (Amendment No.2) Regulations 2019 to proclaim the new labeling and advertising requirements of infant formula
- On August 15, 2019, Blue Orca, a short selling investment firm, published its opinions on Ausnutria Dairy Corp Ltd claiming that Ausnutria inflates revenues, hides costs, misleads Chinese
- According to GAC data, China imported 165,836 tons of infant formula in H1 2019, valued at 17.4 billion yuan and representing YOY-growth of 24%.
Dairy Sector Strategies to Offset Paradoxical Decline in Birth Rate after Reform of One Child PolicyAfter China reformed its one child policy there has been a paradoxical decline in the number of births which is the leading cause of stagnant growth in China’s infant formula sector.
- As revealed by SAMR notice released on July 17th, 2019, SAMR is now soliciting public opinions on Onsite Inspection Work Procedures for Special Food Registration (For Trial).