- According to the “Implementation Rules for National Food Safety Supervision Sampling Inspection” released last month (see CL news report on Feb. 24, 2017), which also includes
- On Feb. 16, 2017, China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment (CFSA) held a conference soliciting comments from industry experts regarding the revision of infant
- The grace period for infant formula recipe registration has been extended to Jan. 1, 2018. Unregistered infant formula will not be allowed to be sold on the Chinese market after
China Infant Formula: CFDA Drafts Provisions for Labeling and Stability Research for Infant Formula Recipe RegistrationOn Jan. 26, 2017, China CFDA released two supplementary documents pertaining to infant formula recipe registration, namely “Technical Guidance for Labeling of Infant Formula
- In 2016, 10 policies and notices were released to strengthen regulation of infant formula in China. The influence of those policies will appear gradually in 2017.
- On Nov. 28, 2016, the chief executive of Macau established “Requirements for Infant Formula Nutritional Ingredients” (effective
China Infant Formula: Infant Formula Manufacturers Required to Conduct Self-Inspection of Product LabelsOn Dec. 9, 2016, China CFDA released the “Notice for Infant Formula Labeling Standardization and Inspection”, which took effect from the day of announcement.
- On Dec. 2, 2016, China CFDA released “Notice on Further Strengthening the Supervision of Infant Formula”, which clarifies the requirements on infant formula base powder