- The grace period for infant formula recipe registration has been extended to Jan. 1, 2018. Unregistered infant formula will not be allowed to be sold on the Chinese market after
China Infant Formula: CFDA Drafts Provisions for Labeling and Stability Research for Infant Formula Recipe RegistrationOn Jan. 26, 2017, China CFDA released two supplementary documents pertaining to infant formula recipe registration, namely “Technical Guidance for Labeling of Infant Formula
- In 2016, 10 policies and notices were released to strengthen regulation of infant formula in China. The influence of those policies will appear gradually in 2017.
- On Nov. 28, 2016, the chief executive of Macau established “Requirements for Infant Formula Nutritional Ingredients” (effective
China Infant Formula: Infant Formula Manufacturers Required to Conduct Self-Inspection of Product LabelsOn Dec. 9, 2016, China CFDA released the “Notice for Infant Formula Labeling Standardization and Inspection”, which took effect from the day of announcement.
- On Dec. 2, 2016, China CFDA released “Notice on Further Strengthening the Supervision of Infant Formula”, which clarifies the requirements on infant formula base powder
- In 2016, the authority tightened up supervision on goat milk products. Several notices were issued on implementation of more stringent inspection, such as “Area Governance on Infant
- On Nov. 16, 2016, China CFDA released the finalized version of two supplementary documents for infant formula recipe registration in support of the implementation of “