- SAMR opened the draft version of “Technical Guidance on Alternations to Registered Infant Formula” to public consultation on July 24, 2018. Deadline for comments is Aug. 15,
OPO Inclusion into China’s Certified Organic Ingredient List to Precipitate Significant Upheaval in IF MarketThe 6th List of Additional Certified Organic Products was published by CNCA on June 19, 2018 and included OPO, also known as SN-2 palmitate.
- Lactoferrin prices in China have skyrocketed in the wake of implementation of China’s new national Lactoferrin standard last year, witnessing a several fold increase starting at 3,000RMB/
- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.
- 18 infant formulae from 4 enterprises are listed in the 43rd batch of registered infant formula in China.
- On May 29, SAMR (former CFDA) issued a notice on the rejection of infant formula registration applications, announcing that nine formulae applied for by “Celia Laiterie de Craon
- On Apr. 28, 2018, State Administration for Market Regulation revealed key outcomes drawn from data sourced from a Q1 2018 national food sector market investigation.
- On April 19, 2018, Japan issued a new standard on Liquid infant formula, containing product definition and provisions on manufacturing, composition, storage and other issues.