- Currently, 155 enterprises 1195 formulas (excluding special infant formula) have won China's approval.
- Shanghai FDA gives details about temporary license for exhibitors looking to display unregistered infant formula and unregistered health food products at China
- According to No. 752 announcement issued on Sep. 7, 2018, China NHC opened 9 GB standards and 1 modification list for public feedback.
- On Sep. 1st, Wyeth declared that its special infant formula product (启赋敏适) would make its first appearance in China on Tmall.com and begin retail on September 20th.
China Issues Temporary Permits for Exhibition of Unregistered Imported Infant Formula and Health Food at ExposSAMR eases requirements for overseas special food stakeholders who do not have a formula registration certificate but are eager to participate in China International Import Expo (CIIE)
- On Aug 8, 2018, Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) published a revised Ministerial Ordinance on Ingredient Specifications for Milk and Dairy Products along with a revised
- On Aug. 14th, 2018, China SAMR unveiled the latest infant formula registration list which includes 21 products from 3 domestic enterprises.
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard