- According to GAC data, China imported 165,836 tons of infant formula in H1 2019, valued at 17.4 billion yuan and representing YOY-growth of 24%.
Dairy Sector Strategies to Offset Paradoxical Decline in Birth Rate after Reform of One Child PolicyAfter China reformed its one child policy there has been a paradoxical decline in the number of births which is the leading cause of stagnant growth in China’s infant formula sector.
- As revealed by SAMR notice released on July 17th, 2019, SAMR is now soliciting public opinions on Onsite Inspection Work Procedures for Special Food Registration (For Trial).
- As revealed by MOJ (Ministry of Justice) notification on June 26th, SAMR is now soliciting opinions on the revision of Administrative Measures for Registration of Infant and
- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
SAMR Specifies Timeframe to Alter Infant Formula Ingredients and Labeling After Application ApprovalOn May 29th, 2019, SAMR released Letter No.167 detailing the timeframe and deadline for successful applicants for the alternation of infant formula ingredient and labels to complete alterations.
- As revealed by FSSAI announcement issued on May 14, 2019, India is proposing the separation of infant nutrition food standards from the umbrella standard for all foods.
- On April 30, 2019, NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) issued a notice detailing 21 newly registered infant formula products.