- Shanghai FDA gives details about temporary license for exhibitors looking to display unregistered infant formula and unregistered health food products at China
- According to a MFDS notification issued on Sep. 5, 2018, Korea revised the ingredient requirements in its Health Functional Food Codex.
China Issues Temporary Permits for Exhibition of Unregistered Imported Infant Formula and Health Food at ExposSAMR eases requirements for overseas special food stakeholders who do not have a formula registration certificate but are eager to participate in China International Import Expo (CIIE)
- According to an announcement issued by China Health Food Evaluation Center on Aug 16, 2018, Swisse sucessfully filed a calcium and vitamin D supplement (filing number is J201800000024).
- No 2018-291 announcement issued by MFDS on Jul. 6, 2018 outlines Korea’s proposition to amend the material items for functional ingredient certification.
- According to announcements issued by China Health Food Evaluation Center on Jul. 13, 2018, the filing of a Calcium and Vitamin D3 product was removed.
- On Jul. 4, 2018, China National Health Commission announced the removal of a large number of outdated regulations/notices/announcements.
- India has banned the use of 14 food ingredients in functional food (health food) and other related food products with immediate effect.