- False promotion, production and sales of counterfeit health products are the focus of newly implemented joint action campaign involving several ministry level authorities.
- On Jan. 11, 2019, China Center for Health Food Evaluation newly published the filing certificates of 12 imported health foods.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
- On Dec. 4th, 2018, SAMR released a notice of health food registration alteration.
- This guidance includes the explanation of batch size, test parameter, types of studies, study designs, etc.
- On Oct. 22, 2018, China SAMR opened “Health Food Naming Guideline (Draft)” for public feedback and any comments could be sent back prior to Nov. 16, 2018.
- On Oct. 10, 2018, China published the filing certificates of 2 imported health foods.
- Led by China E-Commerce Association and China Nutrition and Health Food Association, at the end of September, 9 domestic e-commerce platforms including Alibaba, JD and Suning announced