- Tmall halted expansion in retail of unregistered/unfiled healthcare products whose main ingredients are L-carnitine, papaya and maca.
- On February 14th, 2019, Gao Feng, a MOFCOM spokesman said, "MOFCOM has suspended the filing and administrative approval of direct selling companies in China".
- On Jan. 29, 2019, China SAMR opened a new draft of health food label requirements to public feedback. Comments shall be sent back prior to Feb. 28, 2019.
- False promotion, production and sales of counterfeit health products are the focus of newly implemented joint action campaign involving several ministry level authorities.
- On Jan. 11, 2019, China Center for Health Food Evaluation newly published the filing certificates of 12 imported health foods.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
- On Dec. 4th, 2018, SAMR released a notice of health food registration alteration.
- This guidance includes the explanation of batch size, test parameter, types of studies, study designs, etc.