- On May 16, 2019, MFDS submitted 13 new regulations schemes designed to reduce the regulatory burden on emerging industries.
- On April 30th, 2019, MFDS released 3 notices officially opening the public consultation period on draft regulations related to health functional food.
- Advertising of health foods and food for special medical purposes will be restricted to labels and product manuals. According to
- On 17th April, 2019, South Korea amended and implemented Regulations on Hazard Assessment of Human Applied Products.
- On April 11th, 2019, MFDS released notice No. 2019-192 and No. 2019-195 to solicit public opinions on the revision of Food Labelling Standards and the labeling standard for health functional foods.
- On Apr. 4, 2019, China SAMR opened “Health Food Toxicology Evaluation Procedure Standards” and “Health Food Strain Pathogenicity Evaluation Procedure Standard” for public feedback.
- On Mar. 28, 2019, China SAMR opened 5 health food ingredients to public feedback. The ingredients are proposed to be added to the health food raw materials directory.
- On March 27th, Taiwan FDA passed the regulation The Use Restrictions and Labeling Requirements of Olive Fruit (Olea Europea) Extract Containing Hydroxytyrosol , which took effect immediately on