- On November 22, 2017, China CFDA announced a one year extension of the FSMP registration grace period.
- On November 21, 2017 China CFDA released the first batch of registered food for special medical purpose (FSMP).
- On September 29, 2017, China SAIC (State Administration for Industry and Commerce) opened public comment on the review standard for advertisement of drugs, medical devices,
- China Food and Drug Administration published the 2017 revisions of “Requirements for Application Materials for Registration of Foods for Special Medical Purpose (Trial)” and “Stability Study Requirements for Foods for Special
CFDA Central Office Published “Normative Principles on the Naming of Food for Special Medical Purpose” Draft for CommentsTo enhance management of the registration work of Food for Special Medical Purpose, China’s CFDA wrote the draft “Normative principles on the naming of Food for Special Medical Purpose”, which is now open for public comment.
- On the 14th of July CFDA issued a statement clarifying that all infant formula and FSMP product imported and approved prior to Jan 1st 2018 can be sold until its expiration.
- On January 26th, 2017, CFDA released a draft of Food for Special Medical Purpose Production License Inspection Details (hereafter called Inspection Details) for public consultation. The consultation deadline will be February 28th. On January
- In the long term the use of FSMPs is likely to be included in China’s national health insurance scheme. As such authorities are prioritizing establishment of a strong