- During the period from June 13th to July 1st, SAMR announced the approval of 8 food for special medical purposes (FSMP), which are listed below, bringing the total number of registered FSMP products to 32.
- On June 14, 2019, China's SAMR issued an announcement opening the public consultation period on a draft of 'Clinical Trial Technique Guidelines of Full Nutrition Formulas for Diabetes (Consultation
Second Draft of Advertising Measures of Health Food, FSMP, Medicines and Medical Devices under ConsultationAfter adjustments to application scope, requirements for FSMP and validity term etc., the draft of advertising measures of health food, FSMP etc. is open to public feedback again.
- China will intensify its attempts to curb the sale of ordinary foods marketed and sold as special foods (infant formula, health
- As revealed by SAMR Notice No.26, the generic names of FSMP products are adjusted as below, which came into effect on May 30th, 2019.
- Delays in the release of detailed rules for FSMP production license stymie domestic interests while overseas enterprises dominate the market by exploiting
- Up to now, 24 FSMPs have been registered and all 6 types of pediatric FSMP categories now have a representative registered product eligible for market circulation and consumption.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.