- Up to now, SAMR has approved 16 FSMPs, 13 of which are infant formula for special medical purposes.
- On August 3, 2018, China State Administration of Market Regulation issued the registration information of the first complete formula for special medical purpose.
- On Jul. 23, 2018, China SAMR announced the registration approval of 4 food for special medical purpose (FSMP).
- On July 3, 2018, China State Administration of Market Regulation issued the registration information of two formula foods for special medical purpose intended for premature or low birth weight
- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.
- On May 10th，China SAMR rejected the registration application of an FSMP product manufactured by Zhejiang Yiyuansu.
- On April 19, 2018, Wang Hong, former director of CFDA Department of Special Food Registration, gave a keynote speech on FSMP regulations during Food and Beverage Innovation
- On Mar. 20, 2018, China CFDA granted registration approval to 1 infant formula product for special medical purpose manufactured by Mead Johnson (Netherlands).