China Promulgates Interim Administrative Measures for Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Device AdvertisingAfter three rounds of public consultations in 2019, on Dec. 27, 2019, China SAMR unveiled the "Interim Administrative Measures on the Review of Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Devices Advertisements", which will
- Nestle’s 10th FSMP and Wyeth’s 1st FSMP were approved by SAMR. As of Nov. 12, 2019, 40 foods for special medical purposes have been registered of which 27 are overseas products.
- According to our sources, the SAMR is now soliciting opinions from provincial authorities on the revision of Administrative Measures for FSMP Registration.
Third Draft of Advertising Measures of Health Food, FSMP, Medicines and Medical Devices under ConsultationDraft of the advertising measures is open to public feedback for the third time, loosening restrictions on ads content and adding prohibition of ambiguous and misleading ads.
- On Oct. 11th, 2019, SAMR finally released the official version of FSMP (food for special medical purposes) clinical technique guidelines.
- In Aug., 2019, State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) approved 3 foods for special medical purpose (FSMP), bringing the total number of registered FSMPs to 35.
- As revealed by SAMR notice released on July 17th, 2019, SAMR is now soliciting public opinions on Onsite Inspection Work Procedures for Special Food Registration (For Trial).
- During the period from June 13th to July 1st, SAMR announced the approval of 8 food for special medical purposes (FSMP), which are listed below, bringing the total number of registered FSMP products to 32.