- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.
- On May 10th，China SAMR rejected the registration application of an FSMP product manufactured by Zhejiang Yiyuansu.
- On April 19, 2018, Wang Hong, former director of CFDA Department of Special Food Registration, gave a keynote speech on FSMP regulations during Food and Beverage Innovation
- On Mar. 20, 2018, China CFDA granted registration approval to 1 infant formula product for special medical purpose manufactured by Mead Johnson (Netherlands).
- On November 22, 2017, China CFDA announced a one year extension of the FSMP registration grace period.
- On November 21, 2017 China CFDA released the first batch of registered food for special medical purpose (FSMP).
- On September 29, 2017, China SAIC (State Administration for Industry and Commerce) opened public comment on the review standard for advertisement of drugs, medical devices,
- China Food and Drug Administration published the 2017 revisions of “Requirements for Application Materials for Registration of Foods for Special Medical Purpose (Trial)” and “Stability Study Requirements for Foods for Special