- Delays in the release of detailed rules for FSMP production license stymie domestic interests while overseas enterprises dominate the market by exploiting
- Up to now, 24 FSMPs have been registered and all 6 types of pediatric FSMP categories now have a representative registered product eligible for market circulation and consumption.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
- Taiwan FDA released a draft revision of a new food registration and license management regulation.
- As revealed by SAMR announcement issued on Oct. 8, 2018, 2 infant formula for special medical purposes obtained FSMP product registration approval.
- On August 31st, 2018, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) issued a notice related to import of specialty foods for IEM disorders.
- On Sep. 1st, Wyeth declared that its special infant formula product (启赋敏适) would make its first appearance in China on Tmall.com and begin retail on September 20th.
- Up to now, SAMR has approved 16 FSMPs, 13 of which are infant formula for special medical purposes.