- Following the release of SAMR’s Stipulation Scheme, China General Administration of Customs (GAC) unveiled its own scheme specifying its functions, subsidiary divisions and staff allocation.
- The “3 stipulation scheme” published recently by the State Council details the staffing, administrative structure and functions of National Health Commission
- On Aug 2, 2018, SAMR announced the implementation of 4 countermeasures to crack down on counterfeit and substandard goods in the supply chain, including food products.
- With the CBEC grace period coming to an end, the new CBEC policy is expected to be unveiled by the end of 2018.
- On Jul. 17, 2018, China GAC announced that 85 batches of imported food failed customs inspection in June.
- On Jul. 3, 2018, China Ministry of Commerce announced a guideline on the establishment of a traceability management platform for high priority products.
- On Jun. 19, 2018, China GAC issued warnings on 239 enterprises engaged in food import business, including 78 importers, 82 overseas food manufacturers and 79 overseas exporters.
- The announcement issued by China GAC on Jun. 19, 2018 stated that 169 batches of food failed import inspection in May. Wine, pastry biscuits, and beverage account for the majority of non-