- On June 12th, 2019, Taiwan FDA issued and implemented "Regulations Governing of Criteria for the Label, Promotion and Advertisement of Foods and Food Products Identified as False, Exaggerated,
- During 2009-2018, imports of food in China grew at a CAGR of 17.7%. In 2018 the value of china’s food imports exceeded US$70 billion.
- According to the latest data published by GAC on May 24, a total of 92 batches of foods from 23 countries/regions failed import inspection in April.
- China SAMR released the "Administrative Measures for Green Products Symbol Usage", detailing symbol pattern, usage requirements and supervision.
- As revealed by a GAC announcement issued on Apr. 23, 2018, label filing for prepackaged imported food will no longer be required starting on Oct.1, 2019.
- Food enterprises will be subject to more stringent supervision. The food safety standard system is further optimized.
- Prepackaged imported food labels will no longer require filing which will have a positive impact on customs clearance times.
- On Feb. 2nd, 2019, China SAMR released the Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method for public feedback.