- Food enterprises will be subject to more stringent supervision. The food safety standard system is further optimized.
- Prepackaged imported food labels will no longer require filing which will have a positive impact on customs clearance times.
- On Feb. 2nd, 2019, China SAMR released the Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method for public feedback.
- According to an SAMR announcement released on Feb. 1, in 2019 China SAMR plans to carry out a national sampling inspection on 34 food types.
- The revision to Administrative Measures on Registration of Infant and Young Children Milk Powder Formula Recipes is listed in 2019 legislation program issued by SAMR
- On Jan. 15, 2019, Hong Kong Consumer Council detected carcinogens like acrylamide and 3-MCPD in 51 of 58 food tested samples of biscuits and cookies, including the popular brand in China, MUJI
- As revealed by FSSAI's latest notice on Jan. 3rd, 2019, food enterprises need to comply with the new packaging regulation by July 1, 2019.
- On Dec. 24, 2018, GAC released information of non-compliant imported food of November. 75 batches of food products are involved, and major categories are pastry food (e.g. biscuit), infant