China's New Administrative Measures for Inspection and Supervision on Labeling of Import and Export Prepackaged FoodOn December 12, 2017, China AQSIQ announced adjustment of Provisions on Inspection, Supervision and Administration on Labeling of Import and Export Prepackaged Food (2012).
- On 20th of November, Shanghai CFDA and Shanghai CIQ issued the “Rules for the Reinforcement of Imported Food Safety Information Management”.
- On November 24, 2017, China Food and Drug Administration issued an announcement on the approval of 3 complementary food testing methods according to the Provisions for Complementary Food
- On November 13, 2017, the chief executive of Macau released a supplementary administrative regulation standardizing the use of food colorings.
- On November 15, 2017, Taiwan FDA released an announcement advocating the use of front of package nutrition labeling (FoP), which is applicable to all prepackaged food.
- This year Single’s day broke all records with turnover of 253.97 billion rmb, bolstered by growth in rural areas and strong performance in areas like infant formula and milk.
- CFDA published the sample inspection results for the third quarter of 2017, also providing data statistics for the reasons of noncompliance. CFDA published the sample inspection results
- On November 7, 2017, China CFDA issued a statement clarifying that necessary print article can be added in prepackaged food for the sake of food packaging, transportation and storage.