- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- Key takeaways of conference: the importance of consumption experience, movement away from pursuing “Blue Hat” certification and downplaying of the role of brand awareness in consumer purchasing decisions.
- MHLW announced changes to maximum limitations of several elements and production standards for beverages in notice No. 269 issued on July 13, 2018.
- On May 3rd, 2018, Macau Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau released the “Hygienic Guideline for Packaged Drinking Water”, which will serve as the primary reference regulators will use
- On Dec. 29, 2017, China CFDA released the 2017 version of “Detailed Rules for Examination of Beverage Production Licensing”, which was open to public consultation in April 2017.
- On July 14, China AQSIQ published the 2016 white paper on quality and safety of imported food in China, which provides a summary of imported food trade and food safety in 2016.
- On Mar. 31, 2017, China CFDA released the 2017 version of “Detailed Rules for Examination of Beverage Production Licensing” (Exposure Draft),
- On Jan. 12, 2017, Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection of Taiwan announced the drafting of a new standard for