- On Oct. 10, 2019, Singapore Ministry of Health promulgated that prepackaged sugar-sweetened beverages are mandatorily required to indicate nutrition level labeling on the package front side.
- Right after the launch of Powerade in June 2019, Coca-Cola launched the second sports drink in the Chinese market within half a year on September 24th.
- A batch of Starbucks beverages were rejected due to illegal use of caffeine. A simple adjustment to flavoring essence could be helpful.
- 95 batches of food products imported from 23 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include beverages, cereal-based food, and aquatic products.
- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- Key takeaways of conference: the importance of consumption experience, movement away from pursuing “Blue Hat” certification and downplaying of the role of brand awareness in consumer purchasing decisions.
- MHLW announced changes to maximum limitations of several elements and production standards for beverages in notice No. 269 issued on July 13, 2018.
- On May 3rd, 2018, Macau Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau released the “Hygienic Guideline for Packaged Drinking Water”, which will serve as the primary reference regulators will use