- False advertising and illegal retail/distribution of a vast array of products is commonplace across China’s social media platforms like Wechat, Weibo etc. Increased emphasis placed on regulating these platforms
- On January 30, 2019, Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) announced plans to import 20,000 metric tons (MT) of butter and 20,000 MT of non-fat dry milk (NFDM) for Japanese
- After the release of the China Food Safety Sampling Plan 2019, enterprises are awaiting the corresponding implementation rules for this year.
- The lawsuit between Bright Dairy and Gourmet Master Co. Ltd. became the trending hashtag on Weibo (the twitter-like platform in China
- On Dec. 28th, 2018, GAC released details on the latest updates for registration of dairy product manufacturers approved to export to China.
- During the China’s Global Food & Hospitality Trade Show 2018, experts from different countries expounded their ideas about the Chinese dairy market with a focus on plant-based milk
- China's cheese sector is still in its infancy but is growing rapidly and characterized by a heavy reliance on imports and a steady increase in overall volume and value.
- On Oct. 23, 2018, NMPF released an article challenging A2 Milk for the use of somewhat spurious advertising claims.