- On 21st of August, the Swiss manufacturer Hochdorf Swiss Nutrition Ltd had its export accreditation suspended by CNCA because of excessive bacterial contamination.
- On August 2, 2017, India FSSAI released an announcement detailing the updated food safety standard of milk and milk products, which have been effective since the date of release.
Canadian Butter Recall Sparks Food Safety Fears amongst Chinese Consumers: How is Listeria Contamination Regulated in Chinese Dairy?A recent recall of butter manufactured by Canadian firm “Maurice St-Laurent” has garnered a surprising amount of media attention in China and sparked fears about the safety of imported
- On August 4, 2017, Japan appended the list of countries approved to export raw milk/milk products. Ukraine and Puerto Rico are newly added.
- On July 31, 2017, China AQSIQ released an announcement detailing unapproved food and cosmetics in June. Altogether 620 batches of food were inspected and found unqualified, including beef from 6
- Australian dairy exports to China suffered a significant setback with the suspension of the registration of “Camperdown Powder Pty” and “Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd” by CNCA.
- In the blacklisted imported food list in March 2017 released by China AQSIQ recently, there were 14 batches of dairy products which failed the CIQ inspection and quarantine in March
- Lithuanian police recently seized 18,000 boxes of counterfeit Aptamil milk powder (the equivalent of 11 tons) , triggering immediate investigation into its potential circulation in