- On July 31, 2017, China AQSIQ released an announcement detailing unapproved food and cosmetics in June. Altogether 620 batches of food were inspected and found unqualified, including beef from 6
- On July 17, 2017, Taiwan MOHW issued the requirements of importing beef and its products from Netherland, Sweden and Japan, indicating that beef imported from those countries will be permitted in Taiwan in the near future.
Korea Releases Revised Draft of Implementation Rules for the Sanitary Management of Livestock ProductOn June 16, MFDS released parts of the revised draft of implementation rules for the sanitary management of livestock product, here are the major contents:
- On 19th of June 2017, the Head Office of AQSIQ published the “Quarantine and Inspection requirements of imported USA beef”, destined to set the rules for the importation of this kind
- The States used to be one of China’s biggest beef suppliers, but increased incidence of BSE (mad cow disease) and the human variant CJD (linked to consumption of infected beef) circa
- It was revealed by Brazilian police recently that major meat producers bribed health inspectors to certify tainted meat as fit for consumption. Two globally renowned meat suppliers
- On Mar. 16, 2017, China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) announced that the ban on the importation
- On Sep. 22, 2016, the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) and General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of China (AQSIQ) announced that the ban on the