- On May 3rd, MFDS issued the No.35 and No. 36 Notice implementing new import sanitation requirements for beef exported from the Netherlands and Denmark, which came into force on the same day.
- After the release of the China Food Safety Sampling Plan 2019, enterprises are awaiting the corresponding implementation rules for this year.
- On Mar. 8, 2018, China AQSIQ updated the list of imported meat products from approved countries/regions with the addition of frozen chicken products from Thailand.
- On July 31, 2017, China AQSIQ released an announcement detailing unapproved food and cosmetics in June. Altogether 620 batches of food were inspected and found unqualified, including beef from 6
- On July 17, 2017, Taiwan MOHW issued the requirements of importing beef and its products from Netherland, Sweden and Japan, indicating that beef imported from those countries will be permitted in Taiwan in the near future.
Korea Releases Revised Draft of Implementation Rules for the Sanitary Management of Livestock ProductOn June 16, MFDS released parts of the revised draft of implementation rules for the sanitary management of livestock product, here are the major contents:
- On 19th of June 2017, the Head Office of AQSIQ published the “Quarantine and Inspection requirements of imported USA beef”, destined to set the rules for the importation of this kind
- The States used to be one of China’s biggest beef suppliers, but increased incidence of BSE (mad cow disease) and the human variant CJD (linked to consumption of infected beef) circa