- Only the preservatives and antioxidants listed in the standard could be used in food in Macau.
- China Center for Food Safety Assessment (CFSA) opened the proposed expansions in the usage scope and limitations of acesulfame potassium and calcium propionate to public feedback.
- Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) revised standards for food additives, contaminants and health claims.
- On Jan. 28, 2019, China CFSA consulted on the new application scopes of sodium stearoyl lactylate, iron oxide red, and caramel colour (ammonia sulphite process).
- On Jan. 9, 2019, MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additives Code”, which took effect immediately after official publication.
- On Nov. 30, 2018, Japan MHLW announced the revision to “Food and Food Additive Specification Standard”
- China has released drafts of new GB standards for hydrogen peroxide and an additional 18 standards.
- On Nov. 6, 2018, China NHC released the 2018 national food safety standard legislative development program.