- MHLW announced revision to the list of 18 types of esters as food additives. The amended positive list entered effect the day after its publication (Oct. 22, 2019). Changes involve 15 food
- As revealed by MFDS Notice No. 2019-88, South Korea updated the revision of the Food Additive Code on Oct. 11th, 2019.
- As revealed by the notices released on August 23rd and 26th, 2019, MFDS passed the partial revision of Food Additive Code and Functional Food.
- On August 9th, 2019, CFSA opened 8 new food additives to public feedback.
- As revealed by MFDS Notice 2019-63 and 65, South Korea revised the standard and specification in food and food additives.
- On July 22nd, 2019, NHC announced the approval of 11 new food additives and 8 new FCM (food contact material) additives.
- 8 food additives were granted usage approval in Japan
- Standards for special food labeling, sports nutrition, popular food additives ARA, DHA, GOS and some test methods are proposed to be revised