- CFSA is now consulting on the proposed approval of selenium-enriched yeast for use in foods for special dietary uses (including infant formula and FSMP).
- On September 4th, 2018, China NHC (National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China) announced the approval of 5 new food additives and the expansion of application scope of 7 food
- On Aug. 8, 2018, China CFSA opened 7 new food additives to public feedback.
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard
- DL-Alaninw and five other food additives are open to public feedback.
- On Jun. 29, 2018, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additive Code”
- CFSA released a batch of national food safety standards including 5 food additives, 11 food nutrition fortification substances and several seasoning standards.
- On June 19, 2018, Taiwan Food and Drug Administration issued an announcement No. 1071301483, announcing that content about starches in Appendix One & Two was amended