- The informal draft of positive lists of additives and polymers used in food contact materials was disclosed, however the official consultation draft is expected to face the public in July or August.
- On Jun. 14, 2019, China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology opened “National Food Safety Standard of Infant Feeding Bottles and Teats” for public feedback.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
- China opened the public consultation period on the proposed approval of 7 food related products. The public consultation period will end June 14.
- Radom inspection by SAMR showed 4.4% of food contact products were found not compliant. During GAC sampling in 2018, imported food contact materials demonstrated the lowest failure rate in recorded
- The majority of additives and resins included in these amendments are applied in food-contact paints and coating
- On Jan.9, 2019, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Standard and Specification of Containers and Container Packages”.
- According to an SAMR announcement issued on Dec. 28, in 2018 China SAMR conducted national sampling inspection on 24 types of food related products, involving food-contact plastic, food-