- India FSSAI has stipulated that final food contact products manufactured from bamboo shall have smooth surfaces and be free from chemical contaminants.
- The positive list system applies to food contact plastics only; Current regulations on food contact materials are still applicable; The positive list system is expected to be implemented before June 22
- The proposed approval of 21 food related products is under consultation, which will end on September 19.
- Japan’s official food contact materials positive lists were finally opened to public feedback, following previous informal disclosure of an internal version on Jun 13.
- On July 22nd, 2019, NHC announced the approval of 11 new food additives and 8 new FCM (food contact material) additives.
- The informal draft of positive lists of additives and polymers used in food contact materials was disclosed, however the official consultation draft is expected to face the public in July or August.
- On Jun. 14, 2019, China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology opened “National Food Safety Standard of Infant Feeding Bottles and Teats” for public feedback.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.