- On May 14, 2018, China National Health Commission opened national food safety standards on composite food contact materials (FCM) and starch-based plastic food contact materials
- During the first quarter of 2018, China AQSIQ publicized data on 69 batches of non-compliant imported industrial products, including 7 batches of unqualified food contact materials and
- On April 13, 2018, China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment (CFSA) proposed the addition of 8 new varieties of food related products including one new additive and three new resins.
- On 22nd March, China NHFPC introduced 1 new food contact material additive and 3 new resins and expanded the scope of other substances.
- On Jan. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ opened the draft version of “Implementation Rules on Food Related Product Sampling” to public consultation.
- On Dec. 27, 2017, China AQSIQ released the sampling results of food related products in 2017, involving plastic food related products, paper and paperboard materials and articles for food
- On November 27, 2017, China NHFPC announced the approval of 6 new varieties of food related products.
- On October 31, China NHFPC announced the approval of 12 new substances used in food contact materials (FCMs) and articles.