- On Jan. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ opened the draft version of “Implementation Rules on Food Related Product Sampling” to public consultation.
- On Dec. 27, 2017, China AQSIQ released the sampling results of food related products in 2017, involving plastic food related products, paper and paperboard materials and articles for food
- On November 27, 2017, China NHFPC announced the approval of 6 new varieties of food related products.
- On October 31, China NHFPC announced the approval of 12 new substances used in food contact materials (FCMs) and articles.
- China National Food Industry Association issued a guideline detailing requirements of label identification for food contact materials (FCM) used in household appliances.
- On September 11, 2017, China CFSA opened 5 new food related products to public comment. Comments should be sent to CFSA by October 11, 2017.
- At the end of July, China AQSIQ released 4 implementation rules on national inspection of food related products, involving plastics, paper and paperboard, as well as food machinery.
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare released the food provision 0710 number 14: “Guidebook for the safety of Food utensils and containers”. This guidebook aims at the