- On October 31, China NHFPC announced the approval of 12 new substances used in food contact materials (FCMs) and articles.
- China National Food Industry Association issued a guideline detailing requirements of label identification for food contact materials (FCM) used in household appliances.
- On September 11, 2017, China CFSA opened 5 new food related products to public comment. Comments should be sent to CFSA by October 11, 2017.
- At the end of July, China AQSIQ released 4 implementation rules on national inspection of food related products, involving plastics, paper and paperboard, as well as food machinery.
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare released the food provision 0710 number 14: “Guidebook for the safety of Food utensils and containers”. This guidebook aims at the
- On Jun. 16, 2017, Food Contact Science Expert Committee of China National Food Industry Association drafted the national food safety standard for composite food contact materials and
- Recently, Standardization Administration of China released “General Technical Standard for Metal Container of Canned Food”, which is open to public consultation until May 30, 2017 (see all
- Numerous new standards regulating the safety of food contact material and related products were released by NHFPC in late 2016. The majority of these new standards took effect 19 April