- On Jan. 9, the Ministry of Public Health promulgated a ban on the production, importation and sales of food products containing PHO.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) released notification No.2018-102 on Dec. 10, 2018, announcing revision to Premarket Pesticide Residue Standards.
- China improved the provincial approval on existing drinking water related products by introducing a new streamlined timeframe, reducing documentation requirements and introducing reducing
- On Dec. 29, 2017, China CFDA released the 2017 version of “Detailed Rules for Examination of Beverage Production Licensing”, which was open to public consultation in April 2017.
China CFDA Standardize Infant Formula Production among Wholly-Owned Subsidiaries within the Same GroupOn December 13, 2017, China CFDA released an announcement detailing requirements for production of CFDA registered formula by different manufacturers within that group.
- On November 28, 2017, China CFDA released the 25th batch of registered infant formula in China, including 30 products (15 are imported) from 8 enterprises.
- On November 13, 2017, the chief executive of Macau released a supplementary administrative regulation standardizing the use of food colorings.
China NHFPC Approves 2-Acetoxy-3-butanone as New Food Flavoring and Expands the Application Scope of 4 Food AdditivesOn November 15th, 2017, China NHFPC announced the approval of 1 new food flavoring and the expansion of application scope of 4 food additives.