- China SAMR released the "Administrative Measures for Green Products Symbol Usage", detailing symbol pattern, usage requirements and supervision.
- South Korea formulated a new standard to specify prohibited food labeling and advertising content and includes specification on confusing labeling terminology or words which exaggerate efficacy
- From 2023 Japan will impose more stringent requirements for food products using "free from GMO" labeling claims.
- The Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act was officially formulated and came into force on April 25th, 2019.
- As revealed by a GAC announcement issued on Apr. 23, 2018, label filing for prepackaged imported food will no longer be required starting on Oct.1, 2019.
- On April 11th, 2019, MFDS released notice No. 2019-192 and No. 2019-195 to solicit public opinions on the revision of Food Labelling Standards and the labeling standard for health functional foods.
- SAMR proposed an adjustment to the permitted terminology used in 18 of the current 27 acceptable functional claims, cancellation of 3 out of the 27 functional claims, and further
- Prepackaged imported food labels will no longer require filing which will have a positive impact on customs clearance times.