- As revealed by the Notice No. 2019-67 on July 30th, further rules about food labeling and advertising authentication have been formulated to support the Korean Food Labeling and
- In Japan, mandatory labeling of gene-edited food is likely to be implemented.
- On June 12th, 2019, Taiwan FDA issued and implemented "Regulations Governing of Criteria for the Label, Promotion and Advertisement of Foods and Food Products Identified as False, Exaggerated,
- As revealed by SAMR Notice No.26, the generic names of FSMP products are adjusted as below, which came into effect on May 30th, 2019.
- China SAMR released the "Administrative Measures for Green Products Symbol Usage", detailing symbol pattern, usage requirements and supervision.
- South Korea formulated a new standard to specify prohibited food labeling and advertising content and includes specification on confusing labeling terminology or words which exaggerate efficacy
- From 2023 Japan will impose more stringent requirements for food products using "free from GMO" labeling claims.
- The Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act was officially formulated and came into force on April 25th, 2019.