China SAMR Consults on Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Devices Advertising Administrative MeasuresThis administrative measure will be the major regulatory reference for health food and FSMP advertising in future.
- Once again advertisements relating to the unsubstantiated benefits of A2 infant formula have been the target of Chinese regulators.
- False promotion, production and sales of counterfeit health products are the focus of newly implemented joint action campaign involving several ministry level authorities.
- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
- On Oct. 23, 2018, NMPF released an article challenging A2 Milk for the use of somewhat spurious advertising claims.
- The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety released “Food and Other Labels and Advertisements Act” on March 13. The Act stipulates that from March 2019, the contents of food labels and advertisements will be subject to new
- On September 29, 2017, China SAIC (State Administration for Industry and Commerce) opened public comment on the review standard for advertisement of drugs, medical devices,
- Recently Thailand Ministry of Public Health claimed that the new milk powder law will enter into force on September 9, 2017, which bans baby milk powder advertising in various forms.