- On June 12th, 2019, Taiwan FDA issued and implemented "Regulations Governing of Criteria for the Label, Promotion and Advertisement of Foods and Food Products Identified as False, Exaggerated,
Second Draft of Advertising Measures of Health Food, FSMP, Medicines and Medical Devices under ConsultationAfter adjustments to application scope, requirements for FSMP and validity term etc., the draft of advertising measures of health food, FSMP etc. is open to public feedback again.
- China will intensify its attempts to curb the sale of ordinary foods marketed and sold as special foods (infant formula, health
- Advertising of health foods and food for special medical purposes will be restricted to labels and product manuals. According to
- South Korea formulated a new standard to specify prohibited food labeling and advertising content and includes specification on confusing labeling terminology or words which exaggerate efficacy
- The Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act was officially formulated and came into force on April 25th, 2019.
China SAMR Consults on Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Devices Advertising Administrative MeasuresThis administrative measure will be the major regulatory reference for health food and FSMP advertising in future.
- Once again advertisements relating to the unsubstantiated benefits of A2 infant formula have been the target of Chinese regulators.