- A popular social commerce platform called Red has been suspended from Android stores. It is believed that a preponderance of spurious content related to health food and is to blame.
- As revealed by the Notice No. 2019-67 on July 30th, further rules about food labeling and advertising authentication have been formulated to support the Korean Food Labeling and
- On June 12th, 2019, Taiwan FDA issued and implemented "Regulations Governing of Criteria for the Label, Promotion and Advertisement of Foods and Food Products Identified as False, Exaggerated,
Second Draft of Advertising Measures of Health Food, FSMP, Medicines and Medical Devices under ConsultationAfter adjustments to application scope, requirements for FSMP and validity term etc., the draft of advertising measures of health food, FSMP etc. is open to public feedback again.
- China will intensify its attempts to curb the sale of ordinary foods marketed and sold as special foods (infant formula, health
- Advertising of health foods and food for special medical purposes will be restricted to labels and product manuals. According to
- South Korea formulated a new standard to specify prohibited food labeling and advertising content and includes specification on confusing labeling terminology or words which exaggerate efficacy
- The Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act was officially formulated and came into force on April 25th, 2019.