- Last Friday, September 13th, was Chinese Mid-Autumn festival (lunar Aug. 15th). As we all know, moon cakes are the traditional food that Chinese people always eat during this day.
- Six months after the implementation of E-commerce Law, China will ramp up the supervision of its e-commerce sector. Cross border e-commerce and daigou will be subject to more stringent management.
- Alibaba has begun clamping down on illegal ingredients in foods sold online by rolling out a negative list and sampling measures. It will also dynamically expand the negative list.
- Led by China E-Commerce Association and China Nutrition and Health Food Association, at the end of September, 9 domestic e-commerce platforms including Alibaba, JD and Suning announced
- Since May 2016, the “Consumer Advocates”, a TV program produced by CCTV, bought 19 popular brands of foreign infant formula products (stage 1) from Chinese “Haitao” websites and
- On Jul. 14, 2016, China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) released “Measures for Illegal Activity Investigation for Online Food Safety”, which will be formally
- This year’s Alibaba’s 11.11 shopping extravaganza has broken all previous records becoming China’s biggest shopping day ever with sales volume soaring to 91.2 billion RMB on 11th Nov
- Rapid growth in China’s domestic and crossborder ecommerce sector has given rise to an unregulated multibillion dollar industry and simultaneously presented serious