- On July 4, China State Administration of Market Regulation, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, and National Health Commission issued a joint announcement to regulate the labeling
- On Feb. 2, 2018, China CFDA replied to an issue raised by Beijing food and drug administration regarding the labeling requirements of Lvbao Edible Blend Oil (sunflower & olive),
- Edible vegetable oil fortified with Vitamin A or Vitamin D can use a fortification claim on the label.
- India’s FSSAI released a revision of Food Safety Standard Law updating oils and fats regulations.
- On Feb. 24, 2016, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) preannounced the revision of Food Safety and Standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives)
- On Jan. 7, 2016, CFDA released the guidance for the establishment of an edible vegetable oil traceability system.
- On Jan. 20, 2015, Taiwan FDA released an announcement to clarify the limitation on the content of heavy metal chromium and trans-fatty acid in vegetable oil.
- China is one of world’s biggest importers of edible oils. One third of edible oils consumed in China are from overseas manufacturers. The government has