- China has extended a 6-months grace period to allow industry to prepare for compliance with new pet feed labeling regulations. The competent authority will carry out supervision based on
- Public data shows the pet population in China has exceeded 168 million and China is the 3rd largest dog keeper and the 2nd largest cat keeper worldwide.
- The production, importation of chemical growth-promoting antibiotics as veterinary drug shall be halted as of 1 Jan 2020 and the uses as feed additive shall be terminated starting from 1
- Feed are stratified into 4 tiers based on the feed ingredients used, with each tier having specific compliance requirements.
- On April 27, 2018, China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs released Announcement No.20, introducing several new/updated pet food regulations.
- On April 27, 2018, China’s Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) released Announcements No.21 and No.22, publicizing appended items and expansion in scope for items in the Catalogue of Feed Additive
- On Feb.12th, China MOA opened public comments on proposed additions to the Feed Additives Catalogue & Feed Materials Catalogue and another 6 pet food regulations.
- Pet owners in China can now expect safer, cheaper and higher quality pet food sourced from overseas after a pilot special business zone was established in Jianggan district of