- Japan partially revised its Standard for the Labeling and Claim of Special Foods regarding two sectors: infant formula & food for sepcial medical purposes.
- The revised “Implementation Rules of Food Safety Law” are still under discussion, and amendment to administrative measures regarding special food fling/registration is expected to be
- The Macau SAR Government is to promulgate a new standard regulating the use of artificial sweeteners.
- On May 23, 2018, China’s Premier Li Keqiang chaired the State Council Executive Meeting during which he introduced measures to accelerate the rejuvenation of the domestic dairy sector and
- On Apr. 28th, 2018, China General Administration of Customs (GAC) announced the revision of 71 regulations and abolition of 2 regulations related to customs supervision.
- On May 8, 2018, Taiwan food and drug administration issued the hygienic standard of contaminant and toxin, stipulating the concentration limits of heavy metal, mycotoxin, and other contaminants
- Shenzhen's new food safety supervision system named "Food Safety Supervision Provision", entered into force on May 1st, 2018.
- On May 3rd, 2018, Macau Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau released the “Hygienic Guideline for Packaged Drinking Water”, which will serve as the primary reference regulators will use