- On June 7th, 2019, MFDS released the Notice No. 2019-45 and publicized the revision of Health Functional Foods Labelling Standards.
- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
- On May 23rd, 2019, MFDS consulted on Implementation Rules of Imported Food Law.
- 26 national food safety standards are now subject to public consultation including nutrient fortification substances, cheese and determination method of harmful substances in food contact product.
- China opened the public consultation period on the proposed approval of 7 food related products. The public consultation period will end June 14.
- On May 16, 2019, MFDS submitted 13 new regulations schemes designed to reduce the regulatory burden on emerging industries.
- As revealed by FSSAI announcement issued on May 14, 2019, India is proposing the separation of infant nutrition food standards from the umbrella standard for all foods.