- On Aug. 12th, 2019, National Health Commission (NHC) issued its national standards revision and formulation planOn Aug. 12th, 2019, National Health Commission (NHC) issued its national standards
- Food for special medical purposes GMP and 42 other national standards relating to food additives and catering sector etc. are open to public feedback along with 4 revision notes.
- Genetically Modified Foods shall undergo risk evaluation before production/processing, retail or importation in Thailand.
- The informal draft of positive lists of additives and polymers used in food contact materials was disclosed, however the official consultation draft is expected to face the public in July or August.
- On Jun. 14, 2019, China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology opened “National Food Safety Standard of Infant Feeding Bottles and Teats” for public feedback.
- On June 7th, 2019, MFDS released the Notice No. 2019-45 and publicized the revision of Health Functional Foods Labelling Standards.
- On May 23, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) issued the 'The Promotion Action Plan of Domestic Infant Formula Milk Powder'.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.