- On Aug 8, 2018, Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) published a revised Ministerial Ordinance on Ingredient Specifications for Milk and Dairy Products along with a revised
- China’s new stringent food contact material standards are negatively impacting both the volume and value of inward trade.
- HK expanded the scope of Pesticide Residue in Food Regulation to mungbean sprouts, soya bean sprouts and lotus tuber；violators face penalty of up tp HK$50,000 and imprisonment of up to 6
- On Aug. 8, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) approved the use of lecithin (as an emulsifying agent) in follow-on formula pending the release of the final standard
- At the end of July, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India published two directions to regulate nutritional fortification substances.
- On July 13, 2018, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of South Korea (MFDS) issued notification No.2018-54 promulgating a partial revision to its Food Code.
- MHLW announced changes to maximum limitations of several elements and production standards for beverages in notice No. 269 issued on July 13, 2018.
- DL-Alaninw and five other food additives are open to public feedback.