- On April 11th, 2019, MFDS released notice No. 2019-192 and No. 2019-195 to solicit public opinions on the revision of Food Labelling Standards and the labeling standard for health functional foods.
- Food enterprises will be subject to more stringent supervision. The food safety standard system is further optimized.
- As revealed by the No. 2019-137 Notice of MFDS, Korea is now soliciting opinions on the partially revised Food Additive Code.
- In the draft, all bacterial cultures permitted in food can be used in health food; probiotic health food excludes products which main ingredients are inactive probiotics or
- Only the preservatives and antioxidants listed in the standard could be used in food in Macau.
- China Center for Food Safety Assessment (CFSA) opened the proposed expansions in the usage scope and limitations of acesulfame potassium and calcium propionate to public feedback.
- The revision to Administrative Measures on Registration of Infant and Young Children Milk Powder Formula Recipes is listed in 2019 legislation program issued by SAMR
- On Jan. 22, 2018, Japan MHLW announced the amendments to "Specifications and Standards for Food and Food Additives", which mainly revised the residue limit of 6 pesticide and veterinary drugs