- MHLW launches its annual imported foods inspection orders on April 3rd, which lists high risk food items with a history of frequent compliance/safety violations.
- On Mar. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ issued data on non-compliant imported food in Feb. 2018. 78 batches of food were rejected mainly due to substandard quality, non-compliant label, and microorganism
- On Jan. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ opened the draft version of “Implementation Rules on Food Related Product Sampling” to public consultation.
- On Jan. 26, 2018, China AQSIQ released the non-compliant food data of Dec. 2017. Altogether 780 batches of food failed import primarily due to poor product quality, non-compliant certificates and
- On Jan. 24, 2018, China CFDA issued implementation rules on the 2018 national food sampling program, detailing food categories to be inspected, referenced regulations, inspection
- On Dec. 27, 2017, China AQSIQ released the sampling results of food related products in 2017, involving plastic food related products, paper and paperboard materials and articles for food
- CFDA published the sample inspection results for the third quarter of 2017, also providing data statistics for the reasons of noncompliance. CFDA published the sample inspection results
- On the 16th of October 2017, China AQSIQ released New “Administrative Provisions on Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Procedures” which will be enforced on 1st of November.