- GAC abolished mandatory requirements to obtain a quarantine license prior to importation of 75 items in Announcement No.51-2018.
- On May 15, 2018, China GAC announced non-compliant imported food data of April 2018, including 107 batches of food from 19 countries/regions.
- On April 27, 2018, at the second plenary session of the 13th NPC Standing Committee amendments were made to the “Frontier Health and Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic
- MHLW launches its annual imported foods inspection orders on April 3rd, which lists high risk food items with a history of frequent compliance/safety violations.
- On Mar. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ issued data on non-compliant imported food in Feb. 2018. 78 batches of food were rejected mainly due to substandard quality, non-compliant label, and microorganism
- On Jan. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ opened the draft version of “Implementation Rules on Food Related Product Sampling” to public consultation.
- On Jan. 26, 2018, China AQSIQ released the non-compliant food data of Dec. 2017. Altogether 780 batches of food failed import primarily due to poor product quality, non-compliant certificates and
- On Jan. 24, 2018, China CFDA issued implementation rules on the 2018 national food sampling program, detailing food categories to be inspected, referenced regulations, inspection