- On Sep. 5, 2018, China SAMR announced the optimization of the re-inspection and objection handling procedures if food producers or traders disagree with the results of sampling inspection.
- Cereal-based complementary infant food produced by Heinz Italia S.P.A were rejected in July due to 10 violations of Chinese food standards.
- On Aug 2, 2018, SAMR announced the implementation of 4 countermeasures to crack down on counterfeit and substandard goods in the supply chain, including food products.
- GAC abolished mandatory requirements to obtain a quarantine license prior to importation of 75 items in Announcement No.51-2018.
- On May 15, 2018, China GAC announced non-compliant imported food data of April 2018, including 107 batches of food from 19 countries/regions.
- On April 27, 2018, at the second plenary session of the 13th NPC Standing Committee amendments were made to the “Frontier Health and Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic
- MHLW launches its annual imported foods inspection orders on April 3rd, which lists high risk food items with a history of frequent compliance/safety violations.
- On Mar. 16, 2018, China AQSIQ issued data on non-compliant imported food in Feb. 2018. 78 batches of food were rejected mainly due to substandard quality, non-compliant label, and microorganism