- According to an SAMR announcement issued on Dec. 28, in 2018 China SAMR conducted national sampling inspection on 24 types of food related products, involving food-contact plastic, food-
- Food product containing the Ingredient of Noni imported from Vietnam, India, the United States, Indonesia and Peru is added to food subject to an inspection order.
- 61 batches of food from 14 countries/regions failed to pass the import inspection, according to the latest notice published by GAC on November 21st.
- On Sep. 5, 2018, China SAMR announced the optimization of the re-inspection and objection handling procedures if food producers or traders disagree with the results of sampling inspection.
- Cereal-based complementary infant food produced by Heinz Italia S.P.A were rejected in July due to 10 violations of Chinese food standards.
- On Aug 2, 2018, SAMR announced the implementation of 4 countermeasures to crack down on counterfeit and substandard goods in the supply chain, including food products.
- GAC abolished mandatory requirements to obtain a quarantine license prior to importation of 75 items in Announcement No.51-2018.
- On May 15, 2018, China GAC announced non-compliant imported food data of April 2018, including 107 batches of food from 19 countries/regions.