China to Implement 2 Administrative Measures for Product Quality Spot Inspections and Consumers Goods Recall in 2020On Nov.21, 2019, China State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) released two announcements to announce the pending implementation of Interim Measures for Product Quality Spot
- On Sept 26th, MFDS released Notice No. 2019-84 promulgating the new regulation “Imported Food Inspection Orders”.
- Sept.19th, 2019, China's Certification and Accreditation Administration published the 2nd revised version of Enforcement Rules for Organic Product Certification (consultation
- On 8th Aug., 2019, SAMR issued the Measures for Administration of Sampling Inspection of Food Safety, which will be implemented on 1st Oct. 2019.
- According to the MFDS report released on July 30th, 2019, South Korea completed the onsite inspection of 212 overseas manufacturers in the first half of the year.
- GAC seized 76 batches of substandard foods imported from 21 countries/regions in June. Cheese, bird nest, canned seafood etc. are involved.
- At the end of 2018, MFDS first put forward the terminology “food subject to special management” in Import Food Act and later added its import sanitation assessment in
- According to the latest data published by GAC on May 24, a total of 92 batches of foods from 23 countries/regions failed import inspection in April.