- On the 7th of May, China GAC released data on noncompliant food in March 2018: 179 batches of food from 27 countries or regions were rejected. The most represented category is dairy.
- On April 13th 2018, China CPC established a free trade pilot zone covering the whole of Hainan province and aided by a free trade port.
- During the first quarter of 2018, China AQSIQ publicized data on 69 batches of non-compliant imported industrial products, including 7 batches of unqualified food contact materials and
- On April 27th Taiwan MOHW published new requirements on imported eggs and dairy products.
- On April 2018, KFDA announced the 2018 imported food management plan, which will strengthen the supervision of imported foods during customs clearance and circulation.
- According to the list of approved overseas infant formula manufacturers updated by CNCA on Apr. 9, 2018, Mead Johnson was newly included in the list of Australian infant formula
- On Mar. 23, 2018, China Ministry of Commerce announced a proposed tariff increase on American products in response to a recent increase in tariffs made by the US on Chinese steel
- On the 18th of January， AQSIQ published a summary table of unqualified imported agriculture products for December 2017 and updated the directory of fresh fruit types newly granted