- On November 10th, the 2nd China International Import Expo (CIIE) closed, as too did hall 8.1, which again occupied the largest area in terms of floor space and hosted
- 2018 witnessed significant growth of food imports. The geographical location of food imports and the scope of food categories being imported have both expanded
- All pork imported to Singapore must be from counries free from epidemic diseases e.g. ASF for at least 3 months prior to the date of slaughter and export.
- On September 26, the Ministry of Commerce, together with the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Finance and other departments, released pork reserves onto the market,
- On Sept 26th, MFDS released Notice No. 2019-84 promulgating the new regulation “Imported Food Inspection Orders”.
- 89 batches of foods imported from 28 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include cereal-based snacks, fruits, vegetables & their products, and beverages.
- According to GAC data, China imported 165,836 tons of infant formula in H1 2019, valued at 17.4 billion yuan and representing YOY-growth of 24%.
- On July 3rd, the State Council Information Office publicized new GAC policies during a routine press briefing together with vice GAC minister, Hu Wei, etc.