- 89 batches of foods imported from 28 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include cereal-based snacks, fruits, vegetables & their products, and beverages.
- According to GAC data, China imported 165,836 tons of infant formula in H1 2019, valued at 17.4 billion yuan and representing YOY-growth of 24%.
- On July 3rd, the State Council Information Office publicized new GAC policies during a routine press briefing together with vice GAC minister, Hu Wei, etc.
- GAC seized 82 batches of substandard foods imported from 19 countries/regions in May. Hygiene problems, food additives and expired foods were major issues.
- Following on from the implementation of Imported Food Act, MFDS revised the Imported Food Act Implementation Rules on June 19th, 2019, which came into effect on the same day.
- On January 30, 2019, Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) announced plans to import 20,000 metric tons (MT) of butter and 20,000 MT of non-fat dry milk (NFDM) for Japanese
- On Dec 22, Department of Customs of the Chinese Ministry of Finance published the adjustment scheme on 2019 import/export tariffs. Adjustments will be conducted in two stages involving
- GAC released lists of manufacturers, exporters and importers of food and cosmetics which have poor customs clearance track records. To remove their high-risk status an enterprise must not be involved