- On November 8, 2017, India released the Manual for Food Imports, detailing food import procedures, documentation requirements, clearance process, and products review.
- According to non-compliance data released by China AQSIQ at the end of October, 847 batches of food failed to be imported in September mainly due to the use of non-compliant label, unqualified
- On October 19, 2017, China AQSIQ released data on non-compliant imported food and cosmetics in August. Altogether 784 batches of food failed mainly due to lack of inspection and quarantine
- On September 15, 2017, India FSSAI released the updated regulation related to non-specified food, detailing the requirements and procedure of prior approval.
- On July 17, 2017, Taiwan MOHW issued the requirements of importing beef and its products from Netherland, Sweden and Japan, indicating that beef imported from those countries will be permitted in Taiwan in the near future.
- China announced the approval of the National Nutrition Program (2017-2030)", which is likely to shape China's food industry significantly over the coming decade and beyond.
- On 19th of June 2017, the Head Office of AQSIQ published the “Quarantine and Inspection requirements of imported USA beef”, destined to set the rules for the importation of this kind