- On Jan. 15, 2019, Hong Kong Consumer Council detected carcinogens like acrylamide and 3-MCPD in 51 of 58 food tested samples of biscuits and cookies, including the popular brand in China, MUJI
- A new statutory board, the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) will be formed on April 1st, 2019 to oversee food safety and security.
- On Apr. 28, 2018, State Administration for Market Regulation revealed key outcomes drawn from data sourced from a Q1 2018 national food sector market investigation.
- On 22nd March, China NHFPC introduced 1 new food contact material additive and 3 new resins and expanded the scope of other substances.
- On 2nd February 2018, Vietnam VFA published new Food Safety Implementation Rules introducing registration for some categories of food and new provisions on food testing, labeling,
- On the 30th of January 2018, KFDA revised “Guide to Genetically Modified Food Safety Assessment”on safety inspections and other matters.
- On the 24th of January Taiwan announced the revision of Food Safety Hygiene Administration Law and Health Food Administration Law concerning new stipulations on labeling claims and advertising and
- On Jan. 21, 2018, Shanghai FDA released The 2017 Shanghai Food Safety Annual Report (thereinafter White Paper).