- Radom inspection by SAMR showed 4.4% of food contact products were found not compliant. During GAC sampling in 2018, imported food contact materials demonstrated the lowest failure rate in recorded
- Alibaba has begun clamping down on illegal ingredients in foods sold online by rolling out a negative list and sampling measures. It will also dynamically expand the negative list.
- Administrative Measures for Product Quality Spot Inspections are under revision and China is to increase the liability on business entities and will offer regional authorities more autonomy and
- Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare opened a draft revision of Maximum levels of metals and other contaminants in food to public feedback. Deadline for
- On Mar. 7, 2019, China SAMR announced the domestic sampling inspection result of 2936 batches of food products. 2 batches of infant formula food failed the inspection.
- On February 14th, 2019, Gao Feng, a MOFCOM spokesman said, "MOFCOM has suspended the filing and administrative approval of direct selling companies in China".
- Is it likely that China will require routine inspections of overseas facilities as prompted by complaints made by domestic infant formula enterprises on the alleged
- On Jan. 15, 2019, Hong Kong Consumer Council detected carcinogens like acrylamide and 3-MCPD in 51 of 58 food tested samples of biscuits and cookies, including the popular brand in China, MUJI