- No 2018-291 announcement issued by MFDS on Jul. 6, 2018 outlines Korea’s proposition to amend the material items for functional ingredient certification.
- Sponsored by FIAC, the first ChemLinked (Food) workshop was held in Shanghai on Jul.
- On Jun. 29, 2018, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additive Code”
- India has banned the use of 14 food ingredients in functional food (health food) and other related food products with immediate effect.
OPO Inclusion into China’s Certified Organic Ingredient List to Precipitate Significant Upheaval in IF MarketThe 6th List of Additional Certified Organic Products was published by CNCA on June 19, 2018 and included OPO, also known as SN-2 palmitate.
- Vietnam Food Administration unveiled WTO notification of G/TBT/N/VNM/129 on Jun. 7, 2018, announcing the draft of “Management and Use of Food Additives”.
- On May 25, 2018, China CFSA opened a new food raw material named "Nostoc sphaeroides (Nostoc commune)" to public feedback.
- During the 6th China International Flavor and Fragrance Summit 2018 held in Shanghai, experts and flavoring industry elites shared their opinions on the current situation and