- Black chokeberry and Nostoc Sphaeroides were granted new food raw materials registration approval recently.
- According to a MFDS notification issued on Sep. 5, 2018, Korea revised the ingredient requirements in its Health Functional Food Codex.
- On September 4th, 2018, China NHC (National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China) announced the approval of 5 new food additives and the expansion of application scope of 7 food
- On Aug. 17, 2018, CFSA opened 8 new food related products to public feedback, including 5 new additives applied in food contact materials and articles, 2 novel resins and 1 resin with
- On Aug. 8, 2018, China CFSA opened 7 new food additives to public feedback.
- No 2018-291 announcement issued by MFDS on Jul. 6, 2018 outlines Korea’s proposition to amend the material items for functional ingredient certification.
- Sponsored by FIAC, the first ChemLinked (Food) workshop was held in Shanghai on Jul.
- On Jun. 29, 2018, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additive Code”