- As reported by Food News on Oct. 10, 2019, Lactobacillus acidophilus YT1 Probiotics obtained MFDS approval for use as a raw material in health functional foods.
- As revealed by an MFDS report issued on September 19th, 2019, South Korea is recalling 16 food products produced at home and abroad.
- Marijuana and Hemp are delisted from the Scope of Category 5 Narcotics in Thailand, indicating that they may be used in food industry in future.
- On August 9th, 2019, CFSA opened 8 new food additives to public feedback.
- The production, importation of chemical growth-promoting antibiotics as veterinary drug shall be halted as of 1 Jan 2020 and the uses as feed additive shall be terminated starting from 1
- As revealed by MFDS Notice 2019-63 and 65, South Korea revised the standard and specification in food and food additives.
- On July 3rd, 2019, MFDS released Notice No.2019-57 to partially revise the content of "food standard and specification" in Food Code.
- In accordance with the Notice No. 2019-317, MFDS intends to revise the Standard and Specification of Health Functional Food on June 26th, 2019.