- China will roll out a new expedited customs clearance system based on a 2-step process in which goods can be quickly cleared after approval of basic customs declaration documents.
- On July 3rd, the State Council Information Office publicized new GAC policies during a routine press briefing together with vice GAC minister, Hu Wei, etc.
- Imported food products that are subject to laboratory testing at Chinese ports are now allowed to enter China right after sampling and before testing results are released.
- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- GAC released lists of manufacturers, exporters and importers of food and cosmetics which have poor customs clearance track records. To remove their high-risk status an enterprise must not be involved
- On Dec. 24, 2018, GAC released information of non-compliant imported food of November. 75 batches of food products are involved, and major categories are pastry food (e.g. biscuit), infant
- On Oct. 17, 2018, China GAC and SAMR announced new customs clearance protocols involving online verification on certification documents during customs declaration and inspection.
- Since 1st Aug. 2018, enterprises only need to file one customs declaration form as a result of integration of declarations for inspection and customs.