- According to an SAMR announcement released on Feb. 1, in 2019 China SAMR plans to carry out a national sampling inspection on 34 food types.
- On Jan. 22, 2018, Japan MHLW announced the amendments to "Specifications and Standards for Food and Food Additives", which mainly revised the residue limit of 6 pesticide and veterinary drugs
- FSSAI revised maximum residue limits of 213 pesticides in food such as 2,4- dichlorophenoxy acetic acid, acetamiprid, and alachlor.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) released notification No.2018-102 on Dec. 10, 2018, announcing revision to Premarket Pesticide Residue Standards.
- As of Nov. 2018, Korean Positive List System (PLS) has included around 8000 criteria of 469 pesticides’ MRLs in foods.
- Japan MHLW announced its amendment of requirements regarding pesticide and veterinary drug residue in “Food and food additive quality specification”.
- China implements zero tariff on soybean from South Korea and India.
- China implemented new rice tax including 17items and two types of items beased on rice kernel shape.